Reset Button: if you could...

TSDTexan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
So you're walking down a street and a blue police call box materializes right in front you, and a nice British guy or Scotsman steps out and says sorry, there's been a terrible mistake, I just saved the earth, but your martial arts skills, muscle memory, and training were *ahem* lost.
He continues:
I will be glad to help you recover new ones as a replacement. Step inside, and tell me three instructors you would like to train under for as long as you like. While undergoing your training I will reset your age to remain at 18, and the universal translator will take care of the rest.

You step inside as you say:

OP
TSDTexan

TSDTexan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I would like to study wing chun under
Mr. Jan from Foshan: Leung Jan (300+ fights and zero loses)

I would like to study Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu under
Alexandre Couceiro Ribeiro aka "Xande"

And I would like to study karate under Choki Motobu.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
So you're walking down a street and a blue police call box materializes right in front you, and a nice British guy or Scotsman steps out and says sorry, there's been a terrible mistake, I just saved the earth, but your martial arts skills, muscle memory, and training were *ahem* lost.
He continues:
I will be glad to help you recover new ones as a replacement. Step inside, and tell me three instructors you would like to train under for as long as you like. While undergoing your training I will reset your age to remain at 18, and the universal translator will take care of the rest.

The same as I've always had. I'm more than happy with the training I've had and woukdnt change anything about it

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Jow Lung (founder of the Jow Ga System) would be one of the people I pick. I'm not sure about the other 2 teachers. I may need to take a trip back in time before China destroyed most of their Martial arts. There may be someone unknown that I would like to train with.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a nice British guy or Scotsman

The Scots haven't got independence yet, they're still Brits.

I'd train with everyone I did train with originally including the Royal Marine who taught me knife fighting but I wouldn't stab him this time around instead I'd realise he had PTSD and get help for him instead. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Reactions: JP3
OP
TSDTexan

TSDTexan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
George Dillman
Dr. John La Tourette
Frank Dux.

And I become the most dangerous lifeform in the world.

Well, doctor death, aka the speed man would be able to teach you how to hit someone 11 times in a second.

That's gotta count for something. Dillman is totes legit tho.

And frank ducks.... well ninjas don't exist.
If their was proof they existed... they would be real ninjas. Logic. Right?

But yeah, you would be terrifyingly dangerous.

OP
TSDTexan

TSDTexan

Master of Arts
Reaction score

I'd train with everyone I did train with originally including the Royal Marine who taught me knife fighting but I wouldn't stab him this time around instead I'd realise he had PTSD and get help for him instead. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

This is why my Scots side left Scotland and paused in northern Ireland before moving to the USA, out of the potatoe famine and right into the civil war. Settled in Oklahoma, and married into Cherokee trail of tears survivors.

Maybe when bonny Scotland is free again we will move back, who knows.

OP
TSDTexan

TSDTexan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
My current Instructor
Bill "SuperFoot" Wallace
Bruce Lee

I would have said Bruce Lee, but that A too obvious, and B... I could never decide what period of Bruce's life to train with him.
Pre Wong Jack Man, or after when Bruce overhauls it all.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
He continues:

you joking right, if they sent me back to 18, I'm jiggered if I wast tht gift on martial arts. Id spend the time doing what I did first time round. Getting drunk, chasing women and riding motorbikes. Though I might put a bit more effort in to learning to play snooker

OP
TSDTexan

TSDTexan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Jow Lung (founder of the Jow Ga System) would be one of the people I pick. I'm not sure about the other 2 teachers. I may need to take a trip back in time before China destroyed most of their Martial arts. There may be someone unknown that I would like to train with.
bodhidharma?

OP
TSDTexan

TSDTexan

Master of Arts
Reaction score

In the guts or the leg?

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
This is why my Scots side left Scotland and paused in northern Ireland before moving to the USA, out of the potatoe famine and right into the civil war. Settled in Oklahoma, and married into Cherokee trail of tears survivors.

have you ever been, its desperately dismal place, with a plague of miggies , about a 100 million for each inhabitant. The sun shines about 20 days a year. That why people leave

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He continues:

Hmm...I don't know a lot of the past masters, so this would probably be my list:

Gozo Shioda (Yoshinkan Aikido)
Shodo Morita (Nihon Goshin Aikido)
Mitsuyo Maeda (Judo/Jiujutsu)

OP
TSDTexan

TSDTexan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
have you ever been, its desperately dismal place, with a plague of miggies , about a 100 million for each inhabitant. That why people leave

Yes, a few times.

I tried to camp at the battleground of Bannockburn, but it's disputed where it took place. Some peice of land in the vicinity of Bannockburn town, probably between the Pelstream and Bannock burns...

One of my ancestors, who was a bastard of Sir Robert Keith II, took an arrow in the throat and left a 14 year old pregnant widow behind at the battleground.
She became Mac Reeves, in the US at Ellis Island, we lost the Mac, and became Reeves.

I wanted to sleep there, and perhaps summon his spector... and castigate him...
Why the bleep didn't you wear a gorget?

Last edited:

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
He continues:

38ba4a8c773e488aa874b7b40c375612_pinterest-the-worlds-dr-who-tenth-doctor-memes_236-295.jpeg

JP3

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not fair... play along darn it.
Headhunter doesn't like to play along.

I'm still thinking about mine, but it involves me needing to speak Japanese, Korean and Thai and that's a lot of language skills.

JP3

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Somehow... I doubt it. Scotland is pretty, but it's cold there. You're thin-blooded like me by conversion in Texas heat and you'd be an icicle by October.

*can someone whip up a man freezing o death emoji?*