Remember... Tai Chi is not a martial art

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Chen Zhonghua - difference between Chen Yilu and Chen Cannon Fist applications

As far as I know Chen Zhonghua is not of the Chen Taiji family but he has trained Chen style for many years and is very good.

Last edited by a moderator:

hziervogel

White Belt
Reaction score
I've just started taking classes from Master Chen's school and I couldn't be happier with the level and quality of instruction. This is my first experience with martial arts and there is no doubt that at this school that taijiquan is a very martial art.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I've just started taking classes from Master Chen's school and I couldn't be happier with the level and quality of instruction. This is my first experience with martial arts and there is no doubt that at this school that taijiquan is a very martial art.

Please, keep us posted. I am always very interested in hearing about good Taiji teachers and how they train their students and how the students feel.

Oh and welcome to MT

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah, that's right. Tai Chi is not a martial art. :shrug:

Cool clip Xue. My former sifu knew tai chi (not sure which) and had taught it in the past. He demonstrated tai chi technique regularly, it was quite effective.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Yeah, that's right. Tai Chi is not a martial art. :shrug:

That's right... Taiji is not a martial art…. And I will tell myself that next time my Sifu tosses me on the ground with little or no effort. It will be a refreshing change from my usually thought at that time which is “how the hell did I end up here???” :uhyeah:

My former sifu knew tai chi (not sure which) and had taught it in the past. He demonstrated tai chi technique regularly, it was quite effective.

No problem it’s all good.