Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Some voters 'purged' from voter rolls

• Story Highlights
  • Kyla Berry got a letter saying to vote, she must prove she's a U.S. citizen
  • She and others like her have been flagged for mismatched information
  • Experts say lists of people with mismatches are being purged from voter rolls
  • Cases like Berry's raise fears of potential vote suppression in crucial swing states
more than 50,000 registered Georgia voters who have been "flagged" because of a computer mismatch in their personal identification information. At least 4,500 of those people are having their citizenship questioned and the burden is on them to prove eligibility to vote.

College senior Kyla Berry was looking forward to voting in her first presidential election, even carrying her voter registration card in her wallet.

But about two weeks ago, Berry got disturbing news from local election officials.

"This office has received notification from the state of Georgia indicating that you are not a citizen of the United States and therefore, not eligible to vote," a letter from the Fulton County Department of Registration and Elections said.

But Berry is a U.S. citizen, born in Boston, Massachusetts. She has a passport and a birth certificate to prove it.

Federal law prohibits widespread voter purges within 90 days of the election.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
College senior Kyla Berry was looking forward to voting in her first presidential election, even carrying her voter registration card in her wallet.
Card? I never recieved any card. How come she gets a card?
Gee, maybe if Georgia's Voter ID law was allowed to be enforced, people like Berry, would have less to worry about...

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Card? I never recieved any card. How come she gets a card?
Gee, maybe if Georgia's Voter ID law was allowed to be enforced, people like Berry, would have less to worry about...

I get one every year.

I get a new one when I change information such as my address.

Of particular note in the article:

So someone like Kyla Berry will be allowed to cast a provisional ballot when she votes, but it's up to county election officials whether those ballots would actually count.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was told that in NY, they only count the paper ballots if there is a tie. So, no tie (unlikely in NY) and none of the paper ballots or writeins are counted.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was told that in NY, they only count the paper ballots if there is a tie. So, no tie (unlikely in NY) and none of the paper ballots or writeins are counted.

Jeez! Now to me, that ought to be vote fraud.

Latest Discussions