Recommended YouTube channels for learning ?

PhilExpat

White Belt
Reaction score
My question is a bit special - so please dont just post your usual channels.
I know already some channels on YouTube as I look to learn especially Kata at home (Shorin-Ryu)

BUT theres one thing that I miss is nearly all of them and that is SLOW MOTION !

I mean its nice if a brown or black belt can do a kata with speed and power - but hey for me as a pupil theres no chance to SEE the moves - how he moves his feet - legs - arms ...

Do you know any teaching channels that have videos that playback in slowmotion - so one can see and understand the moves?

OP
P

PhilExpat

White Belt
Reaction score
Cool kannte ich tatsächlich noch nicht. :)

Aber echte Lehrvideos wären schon besser.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My question is a bit special - so please dont just post your usual channels.
I know already some channels on YouTube as I look to learn especially Kata at home (Shorin-Ryu)

BUT theres one thing that I miss is nearly all of them and that is SLOW MOTION !

I mean its nice if a brown or black belt can do a kata with speed and power - but hey for me as a pupil theres no chance to SEE the moves - how he moves his feet - legs - arms ...

Do you know any teaching channels that have videos that playback in slowmotion - so one can see and understand the moves?
You can change the playback speed on YouTube. If you don't like the controls they provide, there are browser extensions - I use HTML5 Video Speed Control.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Fun with Google Translate
与谷歌翻译的乐趣
Yǔ gǔgē fānyì de lèqù

Please reply in English, so everyone on the forum can participate.

Agreed...but you know..sometimes, Google translate can be fun....use to be hilarious at times with Chinese....but when you get translations like the first line of what he said in German...it is worth it

Cool kannte ich tatsächlich noch nicht. :)

"Actually, I did not know cool yet"

Second line however is not as funny...

Aber echte Lehrvideos wären schon besser.

"But real instructional videos would be better."