Recommendations for my Game Idea article

Daniel_BMS

White Belt
Reaction score
I have a game idea: The Art Of Martial Among the suggested martial arts styles can anybody give me recommendations for who should be the motion capture actors for some of the styles? I am especially interested in ninjitsu, operatic kung fu, jeet kune do, pencak silat, hip-hop hapkido, warrior wing chun, kick boxing, capoeira, kalaripayattu, and self taught martial arts.

Midnight-shadow

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
So, the problem you might have with this (aside from finding mocap actors) is that you will find it very hard to keep the styles realistic and exciting to play. Things like Boxing, Karate, Wing Chun, etc are very hard to look and feel exciting while still keeping the actions true to the style. At the end of the day if you want the gameplay to be balanced and fun, you are going to have to sacrifice realism to get it.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Err.... Hip hop hapkido? Operatic kung fu? I'm pretty sure realism is already out the door.

OP
D

Daniel_BMS

White Belt
Reaction score
Indeed. The motion capture actors will all have to agree to make their martial arts styles dynamic, accessible, and unique. I'm getting several ideas right now for motion capture actors. Feel free to suggest any.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
lateef crowder is probably mr capoeira. In an acting sense.

FighterTwister

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Filopino Martial Arts

Aiki-Jiu-Jitsu

You already mentioned JKD/Wing Chun you are asking allot if you are talking realism, please tell me you are from EA GAMES / UFC game development group;)

Otherwise I don't really like your chances of success to have a complete realistic martial art sim / strategy video game and I hope its for PC.

Well I would really like to see those in a game let us know more about this.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Err.... Hip hop hapkido? Operatic kung fu? I'm pretty sure realism is already out the door.
What do you mean? I trained in warrior wing chun for years. Now I stick to mega Mui Thai and Krazy karate.

Latest Discussions