Reclaiming the Blade

Samurai

Blue Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Great documenty from Gala about the sword in culture, film, and the western martial arts.
Thanks
Jeremy BAys

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Second hand, but from sources I trust, there appears to be a bit of controversy in some segments of it. Not sure exactly what that means, but I'm looking forward to viewing the flick and finding out for myself.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Langenschwert

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I thought it was pretty decent. It bills itself as a movie about movie swordfighting, and it does start off that way, but thankfully gets more into the WMA scene.

I really don't see any controversy in it, though one EMA dude was saying how he thought HES was lacking somehow. I don't even remember what he said, it was that lame.

The rest of the film was pretty neat, actually. Lots of good interviews and stuff. I'd watch it again, and I'll probably buy a copy.

Best regards,

-Mark

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've been waiting to get a copy of this for about a year now. Time for another check to see if it is available in England yet.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks for that information, Mark.

I ever prefer to have something tangible, however, so unless I have no other avenue, vapour ware is not the path I shall choose :D.