Recent Video by Alan Orr

Status
Not open for further replies.

guy b.

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
You have so much time to make several more posts but don't bother to look at that video from the taan-sau thread? You ignored it then just to continue pushing controversy.

Obviously KPM didn't look at this clip the first time it was posted either. You are correct, the intention appears to be just to troll.

SaulGoodman

Green Belt
Reaction score
So no clips of VT tm sparring? I think I will stick to studying Alan Orrs functional "non wing chun" clips...

LFJ

Senior Master
Reaction score
----It would have been major effort for me to go back and find that thread and then read through multiple pages to find the post you are talking about. It would have been much easier for you to just search for it on youtube again (since you know what you are looking for) and repost it. But you didn't. You'd rather argue on and on.

I argued after I told you about the clip? I said it was inconvenient for me to repost it from a phone, then didn't post again until I came back with it. Plus I need a working VPN to open Youtube and grab the link.

Once I got back to a computer it took me about 5 seconds to open that thread and scroll through till I found the video. No reading, no major effort. But Anyway...

PB's partner wasn't really giving him much resistance in the short sections we can see.

That's exactly how it's supposed to appear. One objective is to use tactical footwork and angling strikes to cut the opponent off and close recovery options. So try as they might, once they have lost position it's very difficult to recover. That's what VT does.

Anyone who gets caught in the grinder with PB will look like they aren't giving much resistance, though they may actually be pushed to their limits. He shows students the free fighting side of things so that they know how it's supposed to work and have some motivation to keep improving.

But I will say, that PB himself light-sparring looks very similar to PB doing his Chi Sau/Lop Sau training. Now how hard was that LFJ? Wouldn't it have been easier to do that right from the "restart" of this thread rather than argue and obfuscate for 3 pages?

Not sure exactly how you mean, but fine.

Not sure what you think I was obfuscating either, but I was only arguing a point about Alan's "bridge" techniques. I'm actually really interested in seeing it work in action as he says it should. I have my doubts, but it would be interesting for sure.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently, my warning yesterday wasn't clear enough.

Thread locked pending staff review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions