Rashad Evans and Quinton Jackson coach The Ultimate Fighter 10 (TUF 10)

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
05-28-2009 01:47 PM: Dana White announced on UFC.com that Quinton Rampage Jackson and Sugar Rashad Evans will be the competing coaches of The Ultimate Fighter 10 which will premiere Wednesday, September 16 on Spike TV. The finalists will compete on December 5th at the live finale with the winner again taking the obligatory 6-figure UFC contract.

More...
MMA Ring Report
The hardest hitting news from the hardest hitting sport.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
After this, I would like to actually see the top coaches from the top training camps actually do the coaching and training and putting the fighters through the paces.

The problem is that they may not have the big name appeal for wide audience appreciation.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Didn't Jackson coach against Forrest Griffin? He didn't impress me as a very effective coach that season, but that could have been the editing.

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
This is Quintons way of committing himself to something and avoiding a title match against Machida long enough for him to work on a few things.
He actually turned down the title shot with Machida and chose to do this instead. Trust me this is not that lucrative, he simply knew he had to learn more and change his game up to stand a chance with Machida... Smart on his part.

Tensei85

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Either way this season should be interesting, hopefully they'll attract some new talent.

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
After this, I would like to actually see the top coaches from the top training camps actually do the coaching and training and putting the fighters through the paces.

The problem is that they may not have the big name appeal for wide audience appreciation.
It still could work. It'd give the fighters who train under them a visibility boost.

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Either way this season should be interesting, hopefully they'll attract some new talent.

They have some beasts for this next season, some NFL prospects and other athletic monsters were around for the tryouts, at least if they are in fact going to be working the heavyweights that the tryouts were for.... /shrug

Ronin74

Brown Belt
Reaction score

I'd like to see this also. Mark Dellagrote, for example, may not be as big a name draw as the pro fighters, but that guy seems to turn out good strikers.