Questionfor all

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What has been the best part of being a bouncer or in security?

What has been the worst part of the job?

What do you feel you bring to any given stituation?

Adept

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

The people. The people I work with, and the people I get to meet on the job. The girls love to flirt with the bouncers. Securtiy is the only form of hospitality where you don't have to be nice to the *******s, and I enjoy that too!

Dealing with that special kind of ******* who pushes your buttons without crossing the line that justifies a forceful ejection. Dealing with abusive women.

A charming manner and winning personality that allows me to defuse most situations with most types of patrons without having to resort to violence. A handy repertoire of threats and intimidation tactics for the *******s determined to push your buttons. And several cans of whoop-*** in varying sizes.

bootcampbj

Yellow Belt
Reaction score

Definitely the social aspects for me. Chatting with other employees and patrons, it helps the time pass and you meet some really interesting people from all walks of life.

Violent drunks and junkies. You never know what they will do and regardless of the outcome it´s a rather unpleasant encounter.

Patience, professionalism and personality. To me it´s always been a game of trust. If the employees/employer/patrons all trust me, then my job became the easiest there is.

So how about yourself Terry?

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

nitflegal

Green Belt
Reaction score

Best part was meeting interesting people. Oggling feature dancers was a nice perk as well.

The worst was the fact that you were expendable to management. House rules involved us risking a beating to get the trouble out of the club. Cleaning up barf wasn't exactly a high point either. . .

I thought I brought two things to the job; I'm a tall, big guy and that defuses situations more often than you'd think. I was also raised to be polite and respectful to people which A) helped to defuse situations and B) really won over the dancers and waitresses, which bolstered the tips they gave me at the end of the shift. More money is a good thing!

Matt

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
The people. The people I work with, and the people I get to meet on the job. The girls love to flirt with the bouncers. Securtiy is the only form of hospitality where you don't have to be nice to the *******s, and I enjoy that too!

Dealing with that special kind of ******* who pushes your buttons without crossing the line that justifies a forceful ejection. Dealing with abusive women. And, cleaning up after the place closes.

A charming manner and winning personality that allows me to defuse most situations with most types of patrons without having to resort to violence. A handy repertoire of threats and intimidation tactics for the *******s determined to push your buttons. And several cans of whoop-*** in varying sizes.

Other than my little additions, you nailed it :D

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I was security for about 13 years many years ago, Hospital, State College, and State Office

Quitting :uhyeah: Sorry couldn't resist :)

This is going to sound corny but the best part was knowing after all was over that I did manage to protect some folks.

3 words - Bleeding Heroin Addict

I really don't know what to say here, sorry.

Latest Discussions