Question for you Martial Art Masters.

OP
stungunsusa

stungunsusa

White Belt
Reaction score
From what I did get out of my initial question, I greatly appreciate guys. It most certainly confirms in fact that when it comes to self defense, there isn't an easy button. and any form of weapon, although an advantage, you must train in using it.

I guess I just want to provide people with accurate information. I have absolutely no expectation that anyone is going to buy the kubotan that I posted a picture for. The purpose of posting it was if something about that peticular style had something bad about it, like say for example there are ones available put up like say the ones that resemble a dull pencil, had anyone informed me that those in particular were horrible, I obviously have respect and value top level expert knowledge when it is provided, because I definetely am no expert in the field of fighting.

As to your initial advice Tez on the shipping and legalities, It was most certainly grueling! Basically to setup shipping generally you just pick the countries and your good. Of coarse as you stated, my distributor has all the legalities of each, state, and in some cases, specific zip codes! So rather than my usual 5 minutes setup time, it was more like 3 hours :D

Last edited:
OP
stungunsusa

stungunsusa

White Belt
Reaction score
"Training martial arts has done absolutely nothing to take me away from being a nerd."

Lol! under normal circumstances Tony I very much agree. pretty soon I will have some free time to take on a few extra hobbies outside of working 15 hours a day trolling and hitting freecodecamp finishing up my java cert. I honestly would like to take some form of martial arts, of coarse all my friends say "Brazilian jiu jitsu"

However, being that they have never taken any form of martial arts, how they conclude that must be watching the UFC. I'm sure several factors change when you go from a controlled environment of professional fighters, to everyday life.
As to which is a good beginning martial art, whatever you guys say definitely would be the one i'd consider for sure over anything my poker buddies drop on me based on their favorite fighter lol! All I know is Judo didn't really do to much for me when I was younger, but I don't think I put in enough to have an opinion.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Training martial arts has done absolutely nothing to take me away from being a nerd."

Lol! under normal circumstances Tony I very much agree. pretty soon I will have some free time to take on a few extra hobbies outside of working 15 hours a day trolling and hitting freecodecamp finishing up my java cert. I honestly would like to take some form of martial arts, of coarse all my friends say "Brazilian jiu jitsu"

However, being that they have never taken any form of martial arts, how they conclude that must be watching the UFC. I'm sure several factors change when you go from a controlled environment of professional fighters, to everyday life.
As to which is a good beginning martial art, whatever you guys say definitely would be the one i'd consider for sure over anything my poker buddies drop on me based on their favorite fighter lol! All I know is Judo didn't really do to much for me when I was younger, but I don't think I put in enough to have an opinion.
The right fit isn't something we can tell you. The best advice is to go visit schools in your area. Watch classes and talk to instructors (and students if you get a chance). When you find one where you see something that looks interesting and meet people who seem interesting, sign up. That's probably the one for you.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Like gpseymour said, the best option is to just go around and find what you enjoy the most. If you know some websites of nearby ones, or the names of the instructor, we can certainly give you some advice based on that, but ultimately it should still be where you find the most enjoyment.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
That's just so cool.

Wish I was intelligent enough to be considered a nerd. Ah, well, good looks will have to do.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, Buka, but I wouldn't count on your looks, either. Let's just say, I hear you have a "great personality." :D

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, Buka, but I wouldn't count on your looks, either. Let's just say, I hear you have a "great personality." :D
Well, I don't know if he's exactly handsome, but I've heard that he's quite ... striking.:cool:

OP
stungunsusa

stungunsusa

White Belt
Reaction score
So how are the sales going?

Quite horribly! It wasn't doing to bad for awhile and then all of a sudden stripe shut off my payment gateway.Apparently banks don't like tobacco, weapons, or gambling. Well, they do but they want to charge you monthly for the gateway and hard hit your credit score b4 they will heh.

Luckily I had some guy pay me to make a website for his aquarium store and register him in google maps, or i'd be broke. Stripper stores doing lovely though!

Last edited:

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Quite horribly! It wasn't doing to bad for awhile and then all of a sudden stripe shut off my payment gateway.Apparently banks don't like tobacco, weapons, or gambling. Well, they do but they want to charge you monthly for the gateway and hard hit your credit score b4 they will heh.

Luckily I had some guy pay me to make a website for his aquarium store and register him in google maps, or i'd be broke. Stripper stores doing lovely though!

Pole dancing is an international sport these days. All sorts of legitimate.

World Pole Sports Championship Event Times

Psilent Knight

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Why would anyone pay money for a stick? I can pick up sticks off the ground for free...
Hell, every time we have a storm, my wife insists I go pick up sticks for free from around our trees...

LOL. This is true. A couple of days ago I made a DIY Pocket Stick/Palm Stick from the wooden handle of a plunger. It was a spare plunger, brand spanking new and never used. I simply hack sawed 6 inches off and rounded off the edge and end of it with my folding knife and some sand paper. Took me only 20 minutes and VOILA! My own DIY Yawara/Pocket Stick.

Latest Discussions