Question about a school

stone_dragone

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I am soon PCSing (moving) from my current duty station to Ft Lewis, WA. Near where I'm going to be living, there's a ninpo school.

The instructor is Tracy Corder sensei. I intend to check out the school when I get there, but I like to have as much info as possible.

His website claims affiliation with Tanemura Sensei.

Has anyone here met Mr. Corder or can confirm the claims?

http://www.kogenninpodojo.com/

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The dojo broke ties with the Genbukan in 2004, according to the website. Not sure who gave him his Godan (whether it was before the split or not), but they're doing their own thing now. That's not necessarily a bad thing (hell, my organisation is "doing their own thing" as well), but if you want a connection to Japan, it's not there. In terms of the site, there were some notable typos and mistakes in terms and names that stood out to me, but if what he's saying is correct (that he's basically following the approach of the Genbukan), it could be quite solid stuff. Visit, see what you think.

OP
stone_dragone

stone_dragone

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I missed the note about breaking ties with the Genbukan, but I won't let that be the deciding factor. I'll check them out when I get there.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Hey, you'll be in my neck of the woods. I think you'll like the area. I can't help you with ninjutsu, but if you ever need recommendations for good bjj/mma schools I can point you in the right direction! :)