Question about a Grand Master

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
sorry, i really have to say it is ridiculous how you all defend against the reality that traditional styles won't prepare of real knife attacks. if ever a style could do so. even with speed and grip strenght. sure one should first train it like that to get the basics of blocking and wrist locking. but anyway. find a suicidal aikido-guy who trains this all the time, dress him like an israeli and put him to the gaza strip. you'd see what happens.
at 2:18 its exaclty what i mean. if you tell me, with traditional knife defense training you could defend it, you're lying to yourself. and now "dislike" my comment, like many people do with unpleasent truth.

So if I understand you, if you cannot successfully defend against a sucker punch, your art is no good? What you describe is at 2:18 is essentially that. But do you think if one trains oneself to always be alert to their surroundings they might have a better chance to defend? And do you consider that a person might train themselves to be better at knife attack than an untrained person who isn't paying attention to their surroundings being able to defend? If you watch the video, I submit there was time to react if the victim was trained to do so.

BTW, just so I can better evaluate your point of view, what is your art and what is your rank in it? You may have mentioned it before and I missed it, but please tell me.

Latest Discussions