Qinna

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
ha ha ha.. That's sounds just like my school. We have to be careful what we say and how we ask about for that very reason you had that technique applied on you.
When I think of kung fu schools vs karate vs TKD schoool. This is one of the things that's entertaining to me. Karate and TKD schools are discipline and in order because they set that expectations. Kung fu schools are in order because opening our mouths usually results is some kind of unexpected activity involving harder training or pain lol.

Asking how something works in a kung fu school will get a person front row seats to experience the answer to that question. lol

greytowhite

Green Belt
Reaction score
Sifu is intent on teaching me these skills in their entirety as outlined by Dr. Yang and some skills that are not outlined there. It's funny how the other students cringe in empathetic pain every time he gets me with something. Lloyd is particularly skilled at fen jin and cuo gu and usually uses that to show us how the Hawk from our 12 Animals set is particularly effective for what he calls poison touch. One of the newer students asked me why I get all the really nasty painful stuff done to me and my only response was, "Because I asked for it. I can't learn it if I don't know how to affect my opponent. He wants us all to progress in the skills available in this art and his time is invested in our advancement."

Latest Discussions