Qi Gong

TheArtofDave

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Has anybody got any experience with this art. I was reading that is a slow art used for strength, and meditation, and focus. Even though it's part of martial arts application. I.E. Tai chi it doesn't specially rely on self defense.

Thoughts?

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's not a martial art. It's an energy cultivation exercise. It can be partnered with a martial art to help enhance the martial art with the energy building exercises. Most CMA will have some form of it, either something specific to it or something brought it from the outside from a stand alone qigong or larger health practice.

I've done both types. I prefer the type that's specific to what I do.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Qi Gong is not a singe art, it is a bunch of different types and styles. Some paired with Chinese Martial Arts styles some all by themselves.

Shai Hulud

Purple Belt
Reaction score
You may want to look up stuff from Yang Jwing Ming, Mantak Chia or Lam Kam Chuen. They're not necessarily coupled with martial arts - many people practice Qigong for its supposed health benefits and/or as a form of meditation. :) Many forms as well: Wild Goose, Taiji Qigong, Standing like a Tree, the 8 Pieces Brocade, the list goes on and on.