Putting out candles with chi

OP
J

jeffkyle

Originally posted by Disco
Back in Brooklyn, da guys youse to do it all da time. Vinny No Neck Lamonty was really good at it. It was amazzin. We'd, meanin us guys, would lite the candle and Vinny would stand about 5 feet away. He then would grab Tony Chi by the seat of da pants and would throw the bum at the candle. Hey, it would go out every frickin time. Just amazzin.

HAHAHAHA! :D

OP
J

jeffkyle

Originally posted by Judo-kid

Science proved the earth was round, now lets work on chi.....:cool:

I thought Columbus proved that??? :confused:

OP
K

Ken JP Stuczynski

Originally posted by jeffkyle
I thought Columbus proved that??? :confused:

:rolleyes:

Don't believe everything you were taight in grade school -- Columbus was an ***, and probably was the LAST person of his time to realize it was round. And he never did "prove" it by landing on islands in the Caribbean thinking it was India.

The curvature of the Earth was calcualted in ancient times, and was a hell-of-a-lot more accurate than Columbus's wishful thinking to reach the Orient. If it wasn't for unknown land masses, him and his crew(s) would have all died.

Ironically, only the ones stupid enough not to join the mutiny made it to the new world.

OP
J

jeffkyle

Originally posted by Ken JP Stuczynski
:rolleyes:

Don't believe everything you were taight in grade school -- Columbus was an ***, and probably was the LAST person of his time to realize it was round. And he never did "prove" it by landing on islands in the Caribbean thinking it was India.

The curvature of the Earth was calcualted in ancient times, and was a hell-of-a-lot more accurate than Columbus's wishful thinking to reach the Orient. If it wasn't for unknown land masses, him and his crew(s) would have all died.

Ironically, only the ones stupid enough not to join the mutiny made it to the new world.

Ok...just so you would have known i was joking i guess i should have put a :D behind my :confused: :(

OP
K

Kleyman97

I think Chi is real and I know Dim Mak is real. But none of this seems to explain the terrible burn I have in my pants!:soapbox:

OP
K

Ken JP Stuczynski

Originally posted by Kleyman97
...But none of this seems to explain the terrible burn I have in my pants!

Isn't there a thread on Chinese herbal medicine?

:D

OP
P

phlux

Originally posted by Sauzin
Got an interesting video .... He then lit it on fire.

-Paul Holsinger

I have seen that same video. It was some time ago - maybe before I even started in martial arts. and it is the first thing that got me interested in Chi.

I just call it energy though - not Chi. I then had my first major experiences with energy after training for a few years.

Anyone who claims that energy doesnt exist - or it is all a hoax or whatever is just limited. Limited in their abilty to see, learn accept feel and discover.

There is so much more to being human and living and being conscious than what you are lead to believe. Seek.

Many who understand energy would be happy to say "I could care less if you choose to beileve and discover for yourself that Energy is a fact of existence, a fact of life" - I dont feel this way. I pity the people who allow themselves to live in a limited state - not seeking the truth of the universe from the universe itself. rather seeking truth and "proof" from everything and everyone but themselves.

OP
R

RobP

-sigh - this is exactly the problem, you are interested in chi, but call it soemthing else. So how does that fit in with the Chinese theories?

If it is energy, fine. I'm sure we all accept the body has elctro-magnetic energies and the like. All I am saying is, let's call them that, find out how they work, discover how we can use them, rather than use out-dated terms and vague idea.

A Chinese belief is that feeding babies too much milk will make them more hairy than normal. Should we accept that blindly too?

OP
P

phlux

Originally posted by RobP
-sigh - this is exactly the problem, you are interested in chi, but call it soemthing else. So how does that fit in with the Chinese theories?

I do not call it Chi because 1) I am not Chinese 2) chi is not something limited to only the chinese - it is a fact of human existence.

The term Chi might be good at conveying the Idea to some, but for others it carries no meaning. I personally do not know the official definition of the term Chi - I do howerver know what energy is - and I know what it feels like flowing through me.

Another term we can use is Intent.

There is a differnece between being in The Mode - and thinking you are feeling Chi/Energy.

The difference is that while many people might feel a small trickle of Chi coming out of their hands while doing some martial arts or meditation or what have you, this is just a very small glimpse at what it really feels like when you are fully in the mode and conscious of the energy and actively directing it with your intent.

OP
K

Ken JP Stuczynski

Originally posted by phlux
Another term we can use is Intent....

No. Intent is your "yi" whcih directs your chi.

Many people call it spirit, but that is incorrect also -- "shen" (spirit) is a completely different concept as well.

Just wondering --

DID ANYONE READ MY ARTICLE ON CHI IN MARTIAL TALK MAGAZINE?????????????????????????????????????

:confused:

OP
P

phlux

No. Intent is your "yi" whcih directs your chi.

You're right - I mistakenly stated that it could be used interchangably...

I wrote this about Intent on Kutaki;

Intent is a very interesting and very tricky subject to learn.

many people get the wrong idea of what intent actually is - and how to use it properly. There are several ways you can apply and practice intent.

In the beginning it is important to *intend* to hit your uke. The reason this is important is that as you train you want to make sure that when you are in a real situation, you are confident and comfortable with actually using your body to hit and attack someone. The reason why this is critical is that under the stress and intensity of real combat - your senses go haywire (they actually dont go haywire - but unless you are familiar with how you react in intense situations - it will seem euphoric and some senses (like touch) will seem lessened and others (such as your emotions) will be heightened) - so you will be more intouch with your emotional senses during stressful situations and less aware of the physical senses. This natural reaction is a defense mech of the human body - it allows us to become overwhelmed with emotion so that we can flee, and be a little less physically attached so that we are not paralysed by pain.

so - back to intent. During situations like this - you need to be in control of and aware of your intent to use your physical body (your fist) to do something (hit). The intent that you will feel must be trained upon so you can recognise when your thoughts are directing your will to use your fist and hit something - and be in control of your emotional state (fear & shock)and your physical senses (adrenal rushes & physical pain)

so that is the first reason why training on proper intent is important. But it is very important that you do not confuse true intent with "looking mean - or being scary" - the scary aspect of someone with real intent comes from the opponent recognizing one who is in complete control of the way they handle the reality of the situation. Both beings recognize that a fight is a situation of danger - and the one who is not in control of his animalistic instinctive reactions to stressful altercations is in danger. One who is in control of themselves and can operate as a unit on all levels of their being - regardless of the circumstances will be in control and be recognized as such. This is scary.

-

Next you get into the differnet purposes of intent as you become aware of what real intent actually is. Intent is the consciencousness of what you are and what you do - True intent is an ocean of Potential Energy. You can focus your intent but many times - since we are physical, we tend to let the intent of action flow right into preparation of movement (telegraphing) - instead of letting our intent build but carry no form.

This becomes readable - and can be used against us.

additionally we can also use our intent to project false information - to evoke certain movements and reactions out of our uke/opponent.

Thanks

OP
P

phlux

DID ANYONE READ MY ARTICLE ON CHI IN MARTIAL TALK MAGAZINE?????????????????????????????????????

No, but would you happen to have a link to it? I would love to read it. ill look now too.

KennethKu

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I can't believe I wasted time reading thru 3 pages of this stuff. :mad: This is the result of pissing away truly knowledgeable posters like the Yili people.

OP
K

Ken JP Stuczynski

Originally posted by KennethKu
I can't believe I wasted time reading thru 3 pages of this stuff. :mad: This is the result of pissing away truly knowledgeable posters like the Yili people.

Clarify? :confused:

Latest Discussions