Proper etiquette

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Why don't you take off your hakama for the hapkido class? You'd look less out of place that way.
What generally happens is that I come in early for kendo and am asked to join in more often than not. I am then all warmed up for kendo and get my hapkido to boot.

Daniel

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Aeeesh....

You'll get a kick out of this. It's my boy PK performing his parody of Enrique Iglesias "I Can Be Your Hero"...called "It Costs a Lot to be Your Oppa".

That was hilarious....I the Uhma song was also funny...

Last edited by a moderator:

karatemom

Green Belt
Reaction score
I bow in and out (entering and exiting the floor). We try to always bow out (entire class) to the instructor - we also try to bow at the begin of the class and say the tenents before stretches but not all of the instructors follow this routine. Also all black belts are to be called Sir or Ma'am or Mr./Ms. lastname and you answer up "yes sir/maam!" to your instructor.

CDKJudoka

Purple Belt
Reaction score
We bow and vocalise "Tae kwon" coming into and leaving the dojang. We bow to yudnaja and use the titles, which we have for each rank it seems. We bow going onto and off of the mat. And we bow in the beginning of class and at the end.

1st Dan-Seung Sei Nim
2nd Dan- Bu Kyo Sa Nim
3rd Dan- Kyo Sa Nim
4th Dan- Bu Sa Bum Nim
5th Dan- Sa Bum Nim

Latest Discussions