Promotion Keychain

Yondanchris

Master Black Belt
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Since Assoc. Prof. Clark Cole posted pictures of the keychains he makes by hand,
I thought I would share some of my history with the keychains.

in 2011 when I started taking American Kenpo lessons from Prof. Cole he presented me with a 3rd Degree keychain to celebrate my 2010 promotion within Karate for Christ International.

When it became time for me to test for my 1st Degree Black Belt in American Kenpo in 2014 Prof. Cole presented me with a 1st Degree Keychain he had made from part of my 3rd Degree Keycahin...leaving enough "parts" to complete a 2nd Degree keychain once the time had come for me to move up in American Kenpo.

.....flash forward to 2 weeks ago (If I remember correctly) on a Thursday. Prof. Cole and I were sitting at the Prayer Booth at OC4. As we discuss Kenpo he presents me with the 2nd Degree Keychain. Needless to say I was shocked.

*actual promotion ceremony TBA at a later date*

These keychains are always on me and actually wear well over time, especially if you "worry" them a little through handling as the beads seem to soak up the oils from your skin.

15590328_10211468889584065_5729431133919365931_n.jpg

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like those. Understated, doesn't broadcast what it is to anyone except those who actually know what it is, yet a very nice reminder to the owner.