Professor Feliciano "Kimo" Ferreira Seminar, Meriden CT, Jan 8th

KempoShaun

Green Belt
Reaction score
Jesse, Matt... Damn guys, wish I could have made this one as well. Had neurosurgery a few weeks ago and am on bed rest until April 14. Matt, let Chris know I'll be taking him up on his lobster dinner offer as soon as I'm up and around. Oh, and I'll see you at the next seminar!

Matt

Black Belt
Reaction score
Jesse, Matt... Damn guys, wish I could have made this one as well. Had neurosurgery a few weeks ago and am on bed rest until April 14. Matt, let Chris know I'll be taking him up on his lobster dinner offer as soon as I'm up and around. Oh, and I'll see you at the next seminar!

Looking forward to it Shaun. Best wishes for a speedy (and more importantly thorough) recovery. Professor Kimo will be at our place (Cape Cod Martial Arts Academy) Thursday(1/11), and I'm really looking forward to it. I have a feeling I'll be reviewing a lot of material that day before the seminar too. There's always something that could use a little 'adjustment', and he's always got something deeper up his sleeve.

Matt

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish I could've made it to the last 2 but that thing called work seemed to get in the way. :)

I'm sure it'll be another great time! Please post a review afterwards! :)

Mike

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
well its late and i have had one great week so far. I love the fact that my work is going to seminars MJS. Lets see CT on monday for 3 hours of seminars with Prof. Kimo, 3 hours on tues and 3 hours today plus the private lessons i was able to get in yesterday and today. My brain is about to explode and i love it. Must say i am tired and sore and i am waiting to get feeling back in my fingers from all the small joint manipulations that we did. The best part about the 3 days was that even if Prof. Kimo did a similiar technique on 2 of the days the interpretations and executions would differ per person and class so that one technique turned into 12 different moves. What a great time, I wish i could of made it for a 4th day of seminars but like mike said i have this thing called work..... wait. thats right, im going to be at the dojo all day going over all the material that i worked on this week with my students, i love this job.
In Peace,
Jesse

Matt

Black Belt
Reaction score
Just got back from dinner with Professor Kimo, Kiko and Master Hatch. The seminar went really well, a great time was had by all. I got to work on some things before hand, and really get into an in depth look at bunkai for several forms. We're already looking forward to next time.
Tonight's seminar covered grabs, locks, kake-te, and some good old fashioned kempo.

Matt

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds great! Thanks for the review!

OP
C

CTKempo Todd

Green Belt
Reaction score
Good to hear Matt..

I'm sure Prof Kimo and Kiko-san are very tired from all the running around and will be happy to get some rest in their own bed.

BTW..If they come by again to my school I think I will need a truck to cart all of their luggage! LOL

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
So what do you guys say to a Kempo Jutsu workout sometime in Feb. to go over all the things that Prof. Kimo taught us throughout the week? just throwing it out there. and wow, just thought of it. My dojo would be in the middle of the Cape and CT.
In Peace
Jesse

OP
C

CTKempo Todd

Green Belt
Reaction score
So what do you guys say to a Kempo Jutsu workout sometime in Feb. to go over all the things that Prof. Kimo taught us throughout the week? just throwing it out there. and wow, just thought of it. My dojo would be in the middle of the Cape and CT.
In Peace
Jesse

Awesome Idea Jesse..I'm in. (Oh and I want tio learn those Bo forms from you.. :) )

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In Peace
Jesse

Sounds good to me!! My eyes were opened to some great stuff, and I'd love to learn more!

Mike

marlon

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
In Peace
Jesse

Jesse, i wold love to make that. a weekend would be great. The week end of the 17th or the first week end in March if those are good for you.

Respectfully,
marlon

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
All right then it is done. I will check my schedule and see what we can do.
In Peace
Jesse

Matt

Black Belt
Reaction score
All right then it is done. I will check my schedule and see what we can do.
In Peace
Jesse

I know that this will come as a surprise, but I've got a lot going on so I'm very tentative about making it there. PE subject area test for MA certification is March 3rd, so that's out for me. Feb. 17th is a possibility.

I'd really like to make it, as there's lots of things to go over.

Matt

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
I know that this will come as a surprise, but I've got a lot going on so I'm very tentative about making it there. PE subject area test for MA certification is March 3rd, so that's out for me. Feb. 17th is a possibility.

I'd really like to make it, as there's lots of things to go over.

Matt
I will be in NY training on the 3rd anyways. Thanks for the notes the other day. I will check the schedule for the 17th of Feb. and see if its a possibility.
Jesse

OP
C

CTKempo Todd

Green Belt
Reaction score
I will be in NY training on the 3rd anyways. Thanks for the notes the other day. I will check the schedule for the 17th of Feb. and see if its a possibility.
Jesse

The 17th if it's a little later in the day. I have to teach Sat morning until noon...

marlon

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I might have to miss it then because one of my students is having his barmitzvah on that day. Maybe mid march is possible. if not then i will make the next one

marlon

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm working that day (what else is new) but I'll do my best to see if I can swap days. It'll be great to meet up with everyone again and do some good training.:ultracool

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
I might have to miss it then because one of my students is having his barmitzvah on that day. Maybe mid march is possible. if not then i will make the next one

marlon

Marlon,

If we do have it on the day you will miss i will let you know whats going on in midmarch. I am planning a stick and knife fighting seminar from the Pentjat silat system in my school and then having a nice banquet afterwards.
In Peace,
Jesse

LawDog

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Master Dwyer,
The next time Kimo visits the area would you let me know? I have talked with him on the phone many times but have never met with him directly I would like to do so.
Thanks,

Latest Discussions