private security

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good luck with your studies, they will help you a lot.

The fellow I mentioned (Dale Seago) doesn't always post here on a regular basis but he may be reachable by PM. He posts under his real name.

He has some resume highlights on his school's web page. He is based in the U.S. but he has also been in the business for quite awhile, he may have additional insight for you.

http://www.bujinkansf.org/dale/

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
plus former law enforcement who have worked in cities that offer 'celeb services' details..

One of the hotels I worked at housed all the Celebs when they came to the Front Row Dinner Resturant here..I've met Smokey Robinson, Jimmy Steward and Mickey Rooney..I had warned Mr. Robinson entourage that they were being a little noisy twice, the third time as I was approaching their suite I saw I bumped into Mr. Robinson in the hallway who assured me there would be no more noise tonight..He proceeded to knock on the door and was answered with an angry " WHAT". from inside the room..I saw the door open and he stepped inside...True to his word is was quiet the rest of the night...

Jimmy Stewart was a true gentleman, quiet and soft spoken..Mickey Rooney was my favorite..We were told that he was arriving late and to accord him every courtesy..My late friend Bill decided to hang around.We waited for a limo that never came, he arrived in a regular full size auto driven by his business manager...He must have had 20 pieces of luggage with him, I got the cart and we wheeled them to his room..I refused a tip (as I was in uniform) and so did Bill. and asked if I could ask him something..He said "Go Ahead"..

I asked what does he think when he see all those movies he made with Judy Garland..His answer was " I cant believe I made 1/2 that sheet" and he laughed..

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
One of the hotels I worked at housed all the Celebs when they came to the Front Row Dinner Resturant here..I've met Smokey Robinson, Jimmy Steward and Mickey Rooney..I had warned Mr. Robinson entourage that they were being a little noisy twice, the third time as I was approaching their suite I saw I bumped into Mr. Robinson in the hallway who assured me there would be no more noise tonight..He proceeded to knock on the door and was answered with an angry " WHAT". from inside the room..I saw the door open and he stepped inside...True to his word is was quiet the rest of the night...

Jimmy Stewart was a true gentleman, quiet and soft spoken..Mickey Rooney was my favorite..We were told that he was arriving late and to accord him every courtesy..My late friend Bill decided to hang around.We waited for a limo that never came, he arrived in a regular full size auto driven by his business manager...He must have had 20 pieces of luggage with him, I got the cart and we wheeled them to his room..I refused a tip (as I was in uniform) and so did Bill. and asked if I could ask him something..He said "Go Ahead"..

I asked what does he think when he see all those movies he made with Judy Garland..His answer was " I cant believe I made 1/2 that sheet" and he laughed..

That is an awesome story Drac.
icon14.gif

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That is an awesome story Drac.
icon14.gif

Thanks....Here is the wrap up...Mr Rooney LOVES to play the ponies.. The man who owned the security company I worked for Son was a local copper..He arrived at 6AM and told me to run downtown and get all the racing forms I could lay my hands on and he would cover for me and to make it FAST as possible...I got them and when he Mr Rooney woke that morning he found them at his door with a note that said couresy of the security company and the local PD...

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The Celebs managers or touring coordinators can me real pains...Kenny Rodgers was staying here once and wanted an officer outside his door..The local PD would do it for the standard off duty price,which is not cheap...My company was cheaper but not enough for the tour boss, he settled for another company...I found them asleep in their chairs more than once...

Glenn Fry of the Eagles was another cool dude..He had rented the entire exec floor of the hotel I was working...He came in and gave me a button with that he had passed out at his concert here..." Anybody with one of these is my guest", he advised..Well sure enough I get a call of 3 guys trying to crash his party..

There were some tense moments as one of these guys said " There are 3 of us and one of you". "No", I said.."There are 7 of me." and I placed my hand on my .357..They left...I entered the floor and the BIGGEST roadie got in my face asking " Who the f are you?"...Thankfully Glenn came out of one of the rooms and told King Kong to back off...He thanked me..I did not get the invite to stay and I would have cause there on one of the meeting tables was one of the sexiest ladies I had ever seen dancing naked...

Last edited:

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thing about a security job, especially the real high profile executive stuff, is that you do get to GO to all the parties. You just don't get to party... Being at an event like that or a concert while working security is a different experience from simply going for the show.

Latest Discussions