Pressure Points (Kyosho?Kyoto?Kyoso?)

bladenosh

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
There is an online website to learn pressure points from a 3d module, video clip, pictures, and verbal explanation... I can't remember the web address, I saw it on here before in one of the many threads, so can someone give me the correct web address please?

OP
B

bladenosh

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Amazing how a photographic memory can alienate you when you don't take the time to absorb the moment....
Thank you very much brother :) Wish I could repay it to you.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, The video clip was very interesting! .....after seeing this...one wants to learn more.............Aloha

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bladenosh, here's my two cents on PP if you want them. First, if you seriously want to lean them, find someone qualified to teach you as part of thier art/style. Secondly, I think the techniques should work without the PPs in the first place. If you get extra pain or effect with them, great. If the person you are doing them to isn't affected by them, well, then you still did something with the base technique. I used to think all the PP stuff was BS till a friend of mine, who had been studying them for years started showing me how they could augment pain, even in a hard sparring session, and in a much more controlled session, did a vey nice KO on me. Wish I had recorded that. I wouldn't say it made me a true believer, but it did show me that they can augment strikes to cause more pain and body motion.

Jeff

RoninPimp

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I have been hit on just about every square inch of my body. I have yet to be knocked out. If anybody on the planet can repeatedly perform PP techniques on resisting oppenents they stand to make millions. I've heard these claims my entire MA career. Nobody has ever demonstrated them on anybody but their "followers".

PP are BS.

OP
B

bladenosh

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
It sort of makes sense though, and of course some won't be able to feel certain pressure points as well as others. Whether its defended by fat, muscle, or some other odd reason. Generally though, pressure points are a valuable weapon to have in your arsenal. Its just another factor. It is undeniable that its takes a certain angle to knock someone out due to pressure points and nerve crossings, and that would be valuable to know. I think? You guys are probably more experienced.

BlackSheep

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I used the double chop to the neck shown in the video on a kid in junior high school. The kid did fall to the ground but when I think back on it, I’m convinced the kid was faking it.

That PP in the upper lip just below the nose, well I was punched real hard there once and the lower half of my face went numb. I still finished the sparing session and the feeling in my face came back in about half an hour. I can’t say it’s much of a PP since it’s unlikely to be hit and has a limited effect. Most PP are probably like this.

I think the best bet for a quick KO is a hard blow to the chin.

Btw does the chin/jaw count as a PP?

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I ussually try to stay out of these discussions but I will answer a few questions here: first of all what is a pressure point - it is anywhere where the nervs cross, Y, or end. There are a few ways to access PP's touch, rub, or strike some respond to all three, some respond to only one (ie the point below the nose best responds to a rub or a touch). There is a point on the chin it is in the little dip right below the lip this is a Conception pointthis is most effective at a downward strike on a 45 degree angle (kinda like how you hit a speed bag) if you hit this correctly you not only effect this point but both Triple Warmers/ Heaters that lie right behind your jawbone just below the ear. There is no true best place to KO anyone my philosophy is hit them good and hit them harfd don't stop until the threat is neutralized. Everyone on here knows what organization I am with, but until some of you come and see some of us train in a classroom setting you can never understand how, at least the people that I have trained with, trains.

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Isn't accupuncture as well? It is FDA approved from what I gather.

Jeff

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
ppko said:
Accupressure and accupuncture both use the same points that you would use for fighting with pressure points

Yes they do and Acupressure is known as Tui Na in China and if you ever have someone that truly knows what they are doing use Tui Na on you, it can sometimes cause you considerable pain.

OP
B

bladenosh

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Yes below the jaw is a nerve, that snaps for a knockout when you punch the jaw. So pressure point talk is not completely ridiculous. Its all anatomy.

frank raud

Master of Arts
Reaction score
bladenosh said:
Yes below the jaw is a nerve, that snaps for a knockout when you punch the jaw. So pressure point talk is not completely ridiculous. Its all anatomy.
As it is simply a matter of anatomy, could you please point out this nerve on an anatomical drawing? If this nerve is under the jaw, is it best attacked by an uppercut? Or are you saying that by hitting the jaw from the side, you cause a sympathetic reaction to a nerve vessel that you haven't directly touched? As you mention only one nerve, does it matter which side you strike? Some many questions you could help fill in my lack of knowledge about.

Robert Lee

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I think the best pressure point is a choke seal the blood and the breath They go out. But nerve strikes they are hard to depend on. And such small targets to get. Now in the clinch maybe they can help a little But yet to other then training drills Where real resistance is not happening that they work well. But for the healing arts Yes they work

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
try learn.kyusho.com

As Evan Pantazzi points out (pardon the pun), the videos, books, and websites are a supplemnt to hands-on training, not a replacement.

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
frank raud said:
As it is simply a matter of anatomy, could you please point out this nerve on an anatomical drawing? If this nerve is under the jaw, is it best attacked by an uppercut? Or are you saying that by hitting the jaw from the side, you cause a sympathetic reaction to a nerve vessel that you haven't directly touched? As you mention only one nerve, does it matter which side you strike? Some many questions you could help fill in my lack of knowledge about.
Actually there are many KO points the one the he is speaking of most likely lies right here if you look at the picture anywhere the nerve ends, Y's, or crosses there are pressure points but in order to access these you must have the right angle and direction
block2_08302004.jpg