Pressure point attack

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not to get to far into the history of thwe post, but my school makes use of pressure points. We try to incorperate them into most self-defense routine and sets. I have been trying to get more students to use them in a grappling situation, but with little success.

BlackCatBonz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
jkdhit said:
but reaching a point like that seems very complicated
this is the point im trying to make. people assume they're doing one thing and are actually doing something else. hitting the actual solar plexus would require a severe penetrating trauma starting below the sternum and moving superior towards the spine.

J

jkdhit

i have to agree, also when you're in a fight.. it's hard to hit precise targets in a specific manner

OP
S

silatman

Blue Belt
Reaction score
searcher said:
Not to get to far into the history of thwe post, but my school makes use of pressure points. We try to incorperate them into most self-defense routine and sets. I have been trying to get more students to use them in a grappling situation, but with little success.

What do you think is the reason the students arent using them, is it lack of knolledge or ingrained movements?

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
silatman said:
What do you think is the reason the students arent using them, is it lack of knolledge or ingrained movements?
Ingrained movements for sure. I have trouble getting them to not seperate standing and ground based movements.

Latest Discussions