Press Release: Guro Harold Evans Promoted to 4th Dan!!!

Discussion in 'The NewsRoom' started by Guro Harold, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Guro Harold

Guro Harold Senior Master

• Founding Member
    • LifeTime Supporting Member
    • Martial Talk Alumni
    PRESS RELEASE

26 FEBRUARY, 2011

The World Combat Martial Arts Federation is proud to announce the promotion of Guro Harold Evans to the ranks of Lakan Apat, 4th Degree Black Belt Master in the martial arts of Pacific Archipelago Combatives and Filipino Combatives.

This promotion was hard earned through a test of over 300 combat scenarios and demonstrations of hand to hand (Filipino Mano y Mano), knife, stick, double stick, stick and knife and improvised weapons. The test culminated with a Master's Level performance of full contact "Kill Shot" hand, stick, double weapon and knife fighting.

Master Evans was also recognized for his tireless efforts to spread the Filipino Martial Arts throughout the North Eastern United States.

Congratulations Master Evans on a promotion well earned and deserved.

Dr. Lyndon Johnson, Public Relations
    World Combat Martial Arts Federation
    800 N. Church St.
    Mount Olive, NC 28365
    (919) 658-8564

Pictured Below
    Master Harold Evans on the left
    Lakan Guro FCS/Kali
    4th Degree Black Belt Pacific Archipelago Combatives
    Lakan Apat Filipino Combatives

Grandmaster Lyndon Johnson on the right

Attached Files:

2. Kacey

Kacey Sr. Grandmaster

• Martial Talk Alumni
    Congratulations!

3. Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard Retired

• MartialTalk Mentor
    • Founding Member
    • Martial Talk Alumni
    Congratulations!

4. Guro Harold

• Founding Member
    • Martial Talk Alumni
    Hello,

At this time I would like to say thanks to Guro Hock Hochheim and Master Lyndon Johnson for the honor of studying such practical systems as Scientific Fighting Congress' Pacific Archipelago Combatives and Filipino Combatives.

These systems are no-nonsense, no forms, quite streamline, but deadly efficient since they are based on both the late GMs Remy A and Ernesto Presas' Arnis. Please note that though the forms are stripped out, form, power, speed, strength, balance, and creativity are not! The end is not trapping the opponent forever, but to end in finishing moves so it shows another perspective.

That is the key for all the systems of date that I have studied, that they have been strongly connected to GM Remy A. Presas, who was a true bridge to the other systems and teachers.

Lyndon had offered to me to study these arts for a long time and I decided to do so after the passing of GM Presas in 2001.

Thanks to Hock and Lyndon for their patience while I was focusing on being a new Dad and going through life's drama. Tuhon Ray Dionaldo was also quite patient during this transitional period.

As far as the test goes I am indeed thankful to Brian and Nicole for playing the role of helpful uke. They were not worst for wear regarding this and I hope that even that this test was solely for me that it was a rich learning experience for them as well.

I am very thankful for the things that I learned from a few key individuals that I would like to take the time to recognize:

Thanks to the Professor who taught us "first the block, then the check, and finally, the counter." :)

Thanks for Tuhon Ray for showing me that the block, check, and counter can be many different strikes, many various angles, and a helpful guide to cover the distance.

Thanks to Master Roland Rivera for showing me the half-beat strike for single Sinawali. he showed me that over ten years ago but that proved helpful for the double stick and espada y daga entries when my brain was stuck. That example came in mind and helped me get past that portion of the test.

Thanks for the tips I picked up from Tuhon Ray Dionaldo regarding knife fighting entries and low/high. I did those instinctively and it proved very successful.

Thanks to Guro/Sifu David Ng for instilling in us Old School guys the IKFAA fighting spirit. I have taken that every where I have traveled, taught and trained.

Thanks to Tuhon Rick Ward who has always had kind words of encouragement for me and let me know that it's ok to find your own path. He was the first person to let me teach at a martial arts seminar and by that act of trust inspired me to believe that I could do so.

Respectfully,

Guro Harold Evans
    Lakan Guro
    Southeastern Director
    FCS-Kali

4th Dan/Master PAC - Hock Hochheim/Master Lyndon Johnson
    Lakan Apat (4th Dan)/Master PAC - World Combat Martial Arts Federation
    4th Dan/Master Filipino Combatives - Hock Hochheim/Master Lyndon Johnson
    Lakan Apat (4th Dan)/Master Filipino Combatives - World Combat Martial Arts Federation
    Lakan Tatlo (3rd Dan) Mano Y Mano - World Combat Martial Arts Federation
    1st Degree Black Belt IKAA Kung-Fu (Tuhon Rick Ward) - Guro/Sifu David Ng
    Lakan, IMAF, INC (GM Remy A Presas)- Guro/Sifu David Ng

5. fyn5000

fyn5000 Blue Belt

Wow! Congratulations!

Fyn

6. LuckyKBoxer

LuckyKBoxer Master Black Belt

congratulations, I noticed two posts below this was a post saying you had been promoted to 3rd Dan... wasn't that just 7 months ago?
    Thats quick!!

7. Guro Harold

• Founding Member
    • Martial Talk Alumni
    Actually please read full post here.

This was not indeed a quick promotion.