President Obama wins a second term

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Read the thread. It's really not that difficult to see who replied to who, is it?

It wasn't called too early. Projecting the outcome is simple math, but projected results have no impact on the actual counts.

If projections affected counts, this would have been over a long time ago, since Steve and I both projected a win by Pres. Obama. :p

Projects were based on the demographics of remaining counties to be counted and in most cases they were dominated by Blue or on the map or Democrats just like all of Northern counties of Ohio.

Boy are we lucky Florida does not have the total lock on the election like in 2000? its 8:30 Am there and they still don't have a decision on 29 electoral votes but will make no difference.

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
You don't see it. There isn't anywhere to go where this result won't have an impact. The first thing will be a descent into recession, then we will go into a depression and our depression will effect the world. Well, you guys wanted it, enjoy it. I leave you with this...

Barack Obama in open microphone gaffe with Dmitry Medvedev

by telegraphtv • 7 months ago • 160,304 views

The looters won. Who is John Gault?
Oh where oh where has my little bill gone oh where oh where can he be with his tail cut short and his nose cut long oh where oh where can he be?????

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
That's spin, but maybe you're right. That position is nuanced, but not racist in the end.

I think Ron Paul had other points that would have caught on like wild fire. Ending the Empire, sound money with low inflation, ending the drug war, ending the prison industrial complex, minorities would have turned out to support that, especially considering the narco police state they deal with on a regular basis.

I think he had a better chance than Romney because he was clearly different than Obama.
Ron Paul published an absolute racist theory on politics and when called on it even shown in print what he said he acted like a Republican and denied he said it? Ron Paul is another version of the Tea Party that can find believers but never a majority

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Ron Paul published an absolute racist theory on politics and when called on it even shown in print what he said he acted like a Republican and denied he said it? Ron Paul is another version of the Tea Party that can find believers but never a majority

90% of the prison population is minority. Cops use "drugs" as an excuse to harass minorities, or at least it is perceived that way often. Ending the drug war would go farther in solving racial problems in the US then just about anything else we could do. He also favored open immigration.

This whole racist bit is spin. Dr. Paul only wants the government out of people's lives. Haters spin that to racism and dig up old news letters that were debunked long ago.

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
90% of the prison population is minority. Cops use "drugs" as an excuse to harass minorities, or at least it is perceived that way often. Ending the drug war would go farther in solving racial problems in the US then just about anything else we could do. He also favored open immigration.

This whole racist bit is spin. Dr. Paul only wants the government out of people's lives. Haters spin that to racism and dig up old news letters that were debunked long ago.

I certainly agree with you 100% on this one but didn't he propose shutting down alot of entitlment programs and other agencies like EPA Social Security and Medicare? The spin I was given on the news letters reading actual sections seemed to leave little doubt and when he was questioned directly he refused to answer? you and I have no problem standing behind what we say?

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Read the thread. It's really not that difficult to see who replied to who, is it?

It wasn't called too early. Projecting the outcome is simple math, but projected results have no impact on the actual counts.

If projections affected counts, this would have been over a long time ago, since Steve and I both projected a win by Pres. Obama. :p
Reread it, I had missed the post they were referring to at 12:00 at night :p

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think Ron Paul had other points that would have caught on like wild fire. Ending the Empire, sound money with low inflation, ending the drug war, ending the prison industrial complex, minorities would have turned out to support that, especially considering the narco police state they deal with on a regular basis.

I think he had a better chance than Romney because he was clearly different than Obama.

Wishful thinking. Both Ron Paul and Gary Johnson shared these positions. Paul was crushed in the Republican primary, and Johnson was crushed in a general election. As much as I might wish those ideas would "catch on like wild fire", those ideas have been around a long time, and they remain fringe positions. Deal with the reality we have, not the one you want. Americans are perfectly happy with their authoritarian, punitive, puritan, war-mongering empire.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Wishful thinking. Both Ron Paul and Gary Johnson shared these positions. Paul was crushed in the Republican primary, and Johnson was crushed in a general election. As much as I might wish those ideas would "catch on like wild fire", those ideas have been around a long time, and they remain fringe positions. Deal with the reality we have, not the one you want. Americans are perfectly happy with their authoritarian, punitive, puritan, war-mongering empire.

I'm not so sure. I think we are presented with an image by the media and we follow it with FAR to much faith.

During the Iowa Caucus, Ron Paul polled higher then Obama. The Republicans engaged in massive rigging in order to dump support to other people. Karl Rove even admitted to choosing which candidate they were going to select no matter what the voting totals were. This happened in all of the early primaries. The media ignored this story and ignored Ron Paul throughout the election, despite turning out thousand and thousands at every rally, they focused on the fascist war monger candidates, even to the point of giving Ron Paul less then 90 seconds at one debate. Even when the Republicans had chilled out Ron Paul and painted him as a loser, they still resorted to dirty tricks at the National Convention. A last minute rule change prevented Dr. Paul from speaking or from getting any kind of notice AT ALL.

The whole movement was turned aside and ignored by a massive public relations campaign orchestrated by the string pullers of the both parties and the media. I think the American people are ready for these ideas, but they still trust their government and their political institutions FAR too much. Expect the descent to tyranny to move fast under Obama, because if it doesn't, the fascists are going to lose.

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm not so sure. I think we are presented with an image by the media and we follow it with FAR to much faith.

During the Iowa Caucus, Ron Paul polled higher then Obama. The Republicans engaged in massive rigging in order to dump support to other people. Karl Rove even admitted to choosing which candidate they were going to select no matter what the voting totals were. This happened in all of the early primaries. The media ignored this story and ignored Ron Paul throughout the election, despite turning out thousand and thousands at every rally, they focused on the fascist war monger candidates, even to the point of giving Ron Paul less then 90 seconds at one debate. Even when the Republicans had chilled out Ron Paul and painted him as a loser, they still resorted to dirty tricks at the National Convention. A last minute rule change prevented Dr. Paul from speaking or from getting any kind of notice AT ALL.

The whole movement was turned aside and ignored by a massive public relations campaign orchestrated by the string pullers of the both parties and the media. I think the American people are ready for these ideas, but they still trust their government and their political institutions FAR too much. Expect the descent to tyranny to move fast under Obama, because if it doesn't, the fascists are going to lose.

UH! Karl Rove and his like are the Fascits the people won a victory last night and if Republicans hope to have any image at all beyond obstructing progress on behalf of self interest they are going to stop lying and sit down and come together with Obama and the majority Senate stop forcing super majority and get on with the business of running America for everyone. Obama was sent a strong message and a rare second chance to go back in and do the job we sent him to do the first time. This is a two party country the only pull independants have is to give thier vote to one side or the other in our life time we will never see a third party president period.

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
If it was impossible to get a third party president, the democrats and republicans would never have stood a change in the first place.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

The libertarians screwed themselves as well by continually touting Ron Paul's horn long after Gary Johnson got the nomination. Though.. Johnson really should have chosen Paul as a running mate and solidified the libertarian vote. They still wouldn't have won, but they might have gotten enough of the vote to gain momentum for the next election and a spot on the debates.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If it was impossible to get a third party president, the democrats and republicans would never have stood a change in the first place.

Agreed! Though, they have now made it much harder for someone else to do what they did by altering the laws.