President Bush seeks to 'Outsource' himself

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
This from the Washington Post, today

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18026723/

The White House wants to appoint a high-powered czar to oversee the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan with authority to issue directions to the Pentagon, the State Department and other agencies,

Gee, I kind of thought that this role was filled by the President of the United States?

The President of the United States is the Commander-in-Chief of the United States Military and as such, overseas and can give orders to all members of the armed services, including the Pentagon.

The Secretary of State reports directly to the President. The Secretary of State is third in the Presidential line of succession. The President certainly has powers to give direction to the Secretary of State and the entire department.

It seems that some of the military commanders recognize the way our government is structured and are unwilling to accept this new position

The very fundamental issue is, they don't know where the hell they're going," said retired Marine Gen. John J. "Jack" Sheehan, a former top NATO commander who was among those rejecting the job.

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
Shades of "The Mikado". The one position Lord Pooh-Bah wouldn't accept was "Lord High Substitute" at Ko Ko's execution.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So we add the appointed position of Prime Minister to things, answerable only to King George.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So we add the appointed position of Prime Minister to things, answerable only to King George.

well this is just great Bob whats him to answer to King George
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

jazkiljok

Brown Belt
Reaction score
maybe the Decider has Decided that it's in everyone's best interest that he doesn't make any more Decisions.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wait.....if he's outsourcing......

Does that mean the Pentagon is moving to India?

Will it be in the building Dell used to have there?

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wait.....if he's outsourcing......

Does that mean the Pentagon is moving to India?

Will it be in the building Dell used to have there?
Outscourcing our wars to the Chinese might not be such a bad idea, especialy when Taiwan becomes hot again. Bob, your a friggin genious!
Sean

OP
M

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Lt. General Douglas Lute has accepted the position of 'War Czar'. After an extensive search, and several prominant figures declining the invitation, the Pentagon's director of operations has accepted this position.

Quite probably, this position is in violation of the United States Constitution. The Constitution puts civilian control in charge of the military. This position puts military control in charge of the civilians. The War Czar will be authorized to "eliminate conflicts" among the Department of State and Department of Defense.

Yes, ladies and gentleman, a three star general is being put in charge of the Deparment of State.

This IS the revolution.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Since when has this administration cared about the Constitution?

OP
M

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Since when has this administration cared about the Constitution?

That is not the correct question Bob.

The correct question is ... Will the citizens of the country remember there is a Constitution to care about?

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Lute? There's a guy named Lute? What is that? French or something? Are we gonna hear shades of "...Lute, I am your father!" from Dubya?

And of course the obvious response...

NOOOOOOooooooooooooo!

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
Some Terrorist said:
The tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure.

We are fast becoming a nation of the wealthy and privileged and the working poor - stratified, static, repressive and based on the theft of our national wealth for the benefit of the very few. In a regime of that sort there are no rights and duties. There are only privileges and services. Lyin' B. Johnson, Dwight Eisenhower, Harry Truman and Franklin Roosevelt would weep at the depths to which we are sinking. Teddy Roosevelt would have grabbed his trusty Winchester and started shooting people. Nixon would have died of shame. Washington, Franklin, Madison, Hancock, Henry, Jefferson and the rest would be speechless in anger and disgust.

We have ceased to be America. We are now on the way to becoming another failed state. May G-d have mercy upon us.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
To: William Smith
Paris, November 13, 1787

DEAR SIR, -- I am now to acknoledge the receipt of your favors of October the 4th, 8th, & 26th. In the last you apologise for your letters of introduction to Americans coming here. It is so far from needing apology on your part, that it calls for thanks on mine. I endeavor to show civilities to all the Americans who come here, & will give me opportunities of doing it: and it is a matter of comfort to know from a good quarter what they are, & how far I may go in my attentions to them. Can you send me Woodmason's bills for the two copying presses for the M. de la Fayette, & the M. de Chastellux? The latter makes one article in a considerable account, of old standing, and which I cannot present for want of this article. -- I do not know whether it is to yourself or Mr. Adams I am to give my thanks for the copy of the new constitution. I beg leave through you to place them where due. It will be yet three weeks before I shall receive them from America. There are very good articles in it: & very bad. I do not know which preponderate. What we have lately read in the history of Holland, in the chapter on the Stadtholder, would have sufficed to set me against a chief magistrate eligible for a long duration, if I had ever been disposed towards one: & what we have always read of the elections of Polish kings should have forever excluded the idea of one continuable for life. Wonderful is the effect of impudent & persevering lying. The British ministry have so long hired their gazetteers to repeat and model into every form lies about our being in anarchy, that the world has at length believed them, the English nation has believed them, the ministers themselves have come to believe them, & what is more wonderful, we have believed them ourselves. Yet where does this anarchy exist? Where did it ever exist, except in the single instance of Massachusetts? And can history produce an instance of rebellion so honourably conducted? I say nothing of it's motives. They were founded in ignorance, not wickedness. God forbid we should ever be 20 years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, & always well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions it is a lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. We have had 13. states independent 11. years. There has been one rebellion. That comes to one rebellion in a century & a half for each state. What country before ever existed a century & a half without a rebellion? & what country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon & pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it's natural manure. Our Convention has been too much impressed by the insurrection of Massachusetts: and in the spur of the moment they are setting up a kite to keep the hen-yard in order. I hope in God this article will be rectified before the new constitution is accepted. -- You ask me if any thing transpires here on the subject of S. America? Not a word. I know that there are combustible materials there, and that they wait the torch only. But this country probably will join the extinguishers. -- The want of facts worth communicating to you has occasioned me to give a little loose to dissertation. We must be contented to amuse, when we cannot inform.

Thomas Jefferson