Pre-Thanksgiving Workouts?

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just wondered how many of you do a marathon session prior to Thanksgiving? or Christmas? where you eat alot? My instructor has gotten real predictable after 8 some years that he always has us do 6000 front kicks. It takes a whole hour of mindless standing in front and kicking a bag. You have to get 1000 done in ten minutes so you're clicking away but also have to count. We use our fingers to remember which thousand we are on. (hopefully) ARRRGH! Just realized it could be tomorrow! Or it could be the day coming back... after!~!

Does anyone else do any forms of torture? My hamstrings get completely shot since we have to kick to belt level. Maybe I will just make it an early session by myself....:D TW

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, This year is like all the other years. The family gatherings are nice and you get a chance to see relatives you hardly see. " OH boy!" Here in Hawaii it is a custom to always bring something, count everyone and you realize there is more food than people. Besides the turkey,ham,mash potatoes,sushi,sashmi,poke,smoke meat,,all the different salads,fish,cakes and pies, endless list. Most of my wife's family are runners and they work it off.

We all know to eat less and excerise more. Easier said than to do. I have a bad habit with this holidays. Spend more time thinking of working out, and sit down to think more about it, to procrastinate is so easy?

What are your answers to this problem. Can it be solve?

A friend said to have proper posture,concenstrate on your breathing and nothing else, before doing the things you do not want to do... over eat..
He is a Chi' Kung practicner. Will this work? Let see after the Holidays

Happy Holidays everyone and Aloha

MichiganTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
In my aikido class, it is customary during the session immediately preceding Thanksgiving to do what is affectionately called "500 Breakfalls", which is exactly what the name implies. You do 500 breakfalls until the magic number is reached. Each students leads up to a certain number. Last year, I developed a lovely friction burn on my back. This year I have to work a weird shift so (un)fortunately I have to miss this lovely tradition.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
TW I think every person does some sort of post Thanksgiving workout myself it is all kicks for atleast two hours I eat way to much!!!!!!
Eyecrazy.gif

OP
TigerWoman

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, this is before Turkey Day so, then we women students have to stand, do squats getting pans etc. and work in the kitchen for two days after that workout. So, I would much rather do it after coming back to class after Thanksgiving. TW

Latest Discussions