Poor choice for attacker (BJJ Self Defence)

Ybot

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I was asked to help my instructor Cassio Werneck with putting together a short series of self defence technique videos. Watching my attacks make me cringe. I don't throw believable punches.... Ah well, here they are:

Last edited by a moderator:

D Dempsey

Green Belt
Reaction score
I thought they were both pretty good. Most people honestly can't throw a decent punch anyway, myself included. The scramble in the clinch is probably a more important element to focus on and is where most of the fights I've seen have ended up.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
As a former Uke I had to slow-down and make my own punches easier and not all that "realistic" or as I would've really done them had I been *ahem* allowed to.
Still as it was said, there are lots and lots of people out there who do not know how to throw the punch (or even a kick for that matter) the right way. So don't worry about it. Your task was to help your instructor show the techniques (first one was a nice one by the way) in the way they should be done.
I'd like to have seen it done slow at first then done in real time or the other way around...
Still nicely done. You're a good student. :asian:

Latest Discussions