Police allege that karate-coach cop sexually abused girl, from age 12, for 8 years

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Epic fail on behalf of the Philly PD.

Despite the abhorrent nature of his alleged crimes, the Police Department never publicly announced Wiggins' arrest on charges that included rape-forcible compulsion, involuntary deviate sexual intercourse and statutory sexual assault.

The department's brass didn't even bother to inform the city's Recreation Department of Wiggins' arrest, even though Internal Affairs investigators learned that Wiggins had met his victim at the Olney Recreation Center, where, as recently as last week, he was still giving free karate lessons

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
It's horrifying and shocking. Everyone out here is just besides themselves. It's been a rough couple of years for the Philly PD (lots of officers shot) and the communiyt was really starting rally around them and support them for a change. I hope that this incidents doesn't sabotage the efforts of Philly PD to align more with the community.

Peace,
Erik

David43515

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I can understand not wanting to rush to judgement, but what is it with these organizations that insist on protecting one of their own rather than protecting kids? Makes me want to line people up and start shooting.:biggun:

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
For a person to reach such a position in life of trust and honor, only to stoop so low as to take advantage of innocence is despicable. There are no words.......