Please Explain Whatever the Heck this Appears to Be.

MaMaD

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
the channel linked a video to prove its not a joke.

i do not have knowledge, but honestly, its like an advanced version of this to me.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The first video looks like a REALLY sloppy, untrained version of the second video. The third is much cuter (and more violent).

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
All that slapping? Is that really necessary? If someone tried slapping at me like that im not sure if im supposed to laugh or genuinely try defend myself. And those weird kicking. Are they training to kick someone or play hacky sack? lastly whats with the paper slapping? Why paper?? People break boards and bricks but what did these guys do "we tore paper like a bada***! " I did like how serious they seemed. Although that only goes so far and no matter how focused you get if your techniques aren't effective your not going to win. But who knows. I never heard of this style. Maybe they are tough and I don't know what I'm talking about... who knows!

Reactions: AVI

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All that slapping? Is that really necessary? If someone tried slapping at me like that im not sure if im supposed to laugh or genuinely try defend myself. And those weird kicking. Are they training to kick someone or play hacky sack? lastly whats with the paper slapping? Why paper?? People break boards and bricks but what did these guys do "we tore paper like a bada***! " I did like how serious they seemed. Although that only goes so far and no matter how focused you get if your techniques aren't effective your not going to win. But who knows. I never heard of this style. Maybe they are tough and I don't know what I'm talking about... who knows!
Yeah, in that video, I just kept imagining someone stepping up the center of that with a straight punch.

OP
KangTsai

KangTsai

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
the channel linked a video to prove its not a joke.
That video doesn't necessarily prove that what is in the former video "works." It's just punching with some palming in it, which is in most of striking arts.

Also, that guy is completely exhausted and out of breath after that slapfest.

Last edited:

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And by the way how much power do you really need to shake up one of those dummies?
Not a lot, but it at least shows he's penetrating the surface. I've seen some folks practice strikes - supposedly at half-power - without moving the head.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
See. I assumed there was a whole bunch of eye flicks going on there. Hence the paper