Place your bets... and argue your case:

TSDTexan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Ethan Hunt vs Jason Bourne vs Jack Reacher vs Billie Jack vs Rocky Balboa vs John Rambo.
They are all trapped inside the hold of a ship with lots of cameras.

Last man standing wins the right to keep living.
Every loser dies.
no weapons or gadgets.
No... Remo Williams is not a option.

Anarax

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Ethan Hunt vs Jason Bourne vs Jack Reacher vs Billie Jack vs Rocky Balboa vs John Rambo.

Every loser dies.
no weapons or gadgets.

IMO, Bourne. If we go off of displayed unarmed ability from the movies Bourne displays superior speed, coordination and reflexes. Borune has displayed a greater aptitude in dealing with highly trained unarmed opponents in a life/death situation. Hunt has demonstrated some unarmed ability in the newer movies very similar to Reacher. Jack Reacher displays basic but sharp Filipino entries and destructions. Billy Jack tends to favor kicks other than that I don't know a whole lot about him, but from what I've seen I don't see him beating Bourne. Rocky is a great boxer but isn't a trained killer like Bourne or Rambo. Rambo is the only one I see that might be able to beat Bourne, but I think his PTSD might work against him.

Bourne, Rambo and possibly Billy are the only trained killers in the group. Hunt is a spy, Reacher a former MP/PI, Balboa a boxer. Bourne and Rambo are trained killers that kill other trained killers. Also note that Bourne was trained to fight and kill on his own without any support, Rambo was trained to operate in a small elite unit. Not taking anything away from Rambo, but I think Bourne's training is more suited to the situation you're referring to.

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
They all live because they turn against their captors and figure a way out. They then return and take vengeance on the secret organization that sets up these death matches.

But if that didn't happen, Billy Jack dies first. While nostalgia is great he has no business being there. He knows a few TKD like kicks and that's about it.
I am not really familiar with Hunt and Reacher. My money would be on Rambo he seems like the kind of guy that would have both legs broken and his arms cut off and he would still be coming after you.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Every loser dies.
no weapons or gadgets.
It is a unfair comparison but I will play. In kill or be killed I would go with Rambo. In a just a fight or SD it would be a tie between Bourne and Reacher.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
And to further muddy the waters....I think it depends on whether we're talking the film version or the book version. Film version of Reacher is a popcorn. A tough popcorn, but still a popcorn. Book version of Reacher is entirely different, he's one serious, big problem. Same holds true for book Bourne or film Bourne. Film Bourne be a baddass, book Bourne be so so.

"Where" can also be a big factor. If it's out in the wilderness, Rambo is going to eat people alive, but if it's an urban setting, Bourne's probably going to kill Rambo before Rambo knows what's happening.

But then......Billy Jack has a really cool hat.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Every loser dies.
no weapons or gadgets.
Mr hunt and mR reacheR are both only 5'6, And in there last films at least looking pretty old and harmless, though I doubt any one is going to match mR hunt, if it comes to gymnastics or running away or puttIngon a rubber mask and pretending to be arnie,

Rocky has a wOnky eye and needs to spend 12weeks running up steps And punching cows to be ready to fight, so he would need lots of notice. Rambo in the first film is a bit of a pussy, in the latter films has a magic gun that Nevet needs reloading and magic bullets that kill 5 people at once, so if he brings his magic gun? It's Jason all the way, especially if it involves jumping on and off trains and bridges, he could take them all and still have time for a car chase

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
And to further muddy the waters....I think it depends on whether we're talking the film version or the book version. Film version of Reacher is a popcorn. A tough popcorn, but still a popcorn. Book version of Reacher is entirely different, he's one serious, big problem. Same holds true for book Bourne or film Bourne. Film Bourne be a baddass, book Bourne be so so.

"Where" can also be a big factor. If it's out in the wilderness, Rambo is going to eat people alive, but if it's an urban setting, Bourne's probably going to kill Rambo before Rambo knows what's happening.

But then......Billy Jack has a really cool hat.

Run out of snakes too quick?

As to the scenario, I don't know Hunt or Reacher, so I can't evaluate them against the others. And FWIW, I wasn't going to pick Remo Williams but Chiun. ;)

OP
TSDTexan

TSDTexan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Run out of snakes too quick?

As to the scenario, I don't know Hunt or Reacher, so I can't evaluate them against the others. And FWIW, I wasn't going to pick Remo Williams but Chiun. ;)
Chiun is still too OP.

Latest Discussions