1. gardawamtu

gardawamtu Yellow Belt

Is it me or did Rich Franklin pull off the pink and brown trunks in the last UFC?

2. Carol

Carol Crazy like a...

• MartialTalk Mentor
    • LifeTime Supporting Member
    • Martial Talk Alumni
    Ayup. Good call. :)

[​IMG]

3. Shaderon

Shaderon Master of Arts

And very manly he looks too..... more pictures of Rich please? *remembers where she is* ooops sorry ;)

Yes I would love to see who is in that Cagewarriors picture too.

4. Carol

Carol Crazy like a...

• MartialTalk Mentor
    • Martial Talk Alumni
    Hmm...maybe one more. Just to be certain that he looks manly wearing pink, of course... ;)

[​IMG]

*Nods*

Yep, he looks manly wearing pink. :D

5. Jade Tigress

Jade Tigress RAWR

• Martial Talk Alumni
    Oh yes. He looks very manly wearing pink. Hmmmm...thinking I'm liking pink more and more. ;)

6. tellner

tellner Senior Master

OK girls, we'll leave the room now. Turn the lights down. Light up a couple candles. Put the full-sized version of the picture up on the screen.

The gents will be back in a couple of hours :D

7. bookworm_cn317

bookworm_cn317 2nd Black Belt

It kind of makes me wish that more than just the red/blue/black choices that were available when I got my gear. Maybe I'll buy the pink gear once I get a job.

8. golden2blue-eyes@live.com

golden2blue-eyes@live.com White Belt

I'm looking for Pink...yes Pink...adult ball bearing rubber nunchucks for a gift for a friend. Can anyone at all help me please? I love the color pink...just not too much in one area. Also, I'm wanting a pair, but I have awhile, considering i'm a sr green belt in korean taekwondo. thank

9. IcemanSK

IcemanSK El Conquistador nim!

• MartialTalk Mentor
    • Martial Talk Alumni
    Try Century. Maybe they have em.

10. LilDaemon

LilDaemon White Belt

Personally, I love the ability to buy pink gear (maybe not the weapons, but hmmm...) to spar in. First off, it's my favorite color. So's camo, but that's a different story. Second, as several others have stated on here, it gives a mental advantage going into the spar/attack, since pink is usually associated with girly girls, not with a woman who can land a good left hook.

Besides, what's wrong with being both?

I wonder if we'd be having this convo if the color in question is light blue.

11. Carol

Carol Crazy like a...

• MartialTalk Mentor
    • Martial Talk Alumni
    I doubt it. ;)

Welcome to MartialTalk! :wavey:

12. DArnold

DArnold Purple Belt

Ha,
    Here's a good story.
    Pink pads have been around quite a long time.

I am 6'3" and around 250 and used to fight in the PKA.

I used to wear pink pads and when my competitors would get in the ring they (and everyone else) would laugh at me.

To this I would reply, "Yeah, I look funny in pink but what is worse: Me being laughed at for wearing pink pads or you having to explain to everyone how a guy wearing pink pads kicked your ***"?

No one laughed after a very short time:lol2:

13. 14 Kempo

14 Kempo Grandmaster

I knew where that story was going as soon as you mentioned your size ... LOL ... nice, I like it!

14. IcemanSK

• MartialTalk Mentor
    • Martial Talk Alumni
    That's really funny Master Arnold. Unless it's not supposed to be, sir.:redcaptur

I started this thread out of curiosity awhile ago. My wife started training with me a few months ago. Last week, it was time to buy her sparring gear. Guess what color she chose? Pink.

15. Kacey

Kacey Sr. Grandmaster

• Martial Talk Alumni
    Oh, it's meant to be... the part he's not mentioning is the number of his seniors who stood there watching to make sure he backed up his words!

One of my students wanted pink gear... right up until she went to order it and discovered that there is now purple gear - so that's what she bought!

16. IcemanSK

• MartialTalk Mentor
    • Martial Talk Alumni
    My wife just got her yellow belt last month. That's the point where we begin sparring. I asked what color gear she wanted. She asked, "Do they have pink?" So, she's got pink sparring gear (including mouth piece!)

17. granfire

granfire Sr. Grandmaster

LOL, too bad I really don't like the pale pink...I want Hot Pink...

I was tempted to aquire some pink gear, but my organization is a bit micro-managing on that matter, this one style red for low ranks, this one style black optional for BB. I am sure I would have turned heads showing up with pink stuff - at a national even no less...:highfive:

alas, I didn't go, didn't buy new gear (though I need to) and didn't feel like making a breast cancer statement. bad enough I have to support my family as my sister is battling for her life right now.

18. ihraxhunnie

ihraxhunnie White Belt

I think of just the 4 pages i've read of this post, everyone has hit the nail pretty square on the head.

I agree that the pink is feminine, i like that. i like that the guys get a "soft" impression when they see it. Mostly because i'm one of the least "soft" girls in our dojo. my competition do bok for my tkd tournaments is black and white with pink piping. i love giving the wrong impression it kills me.

I like that the companies have recognized the girls, and i'm sorry that some people have a problem with pink being associated with girls. but when i was little i associated blue with boys now if the rest of the world had that opinion, the boys might be throwing a fit about blue gear. or that the girls are wearing it making them look to masculine.

overall i guess i'm just saying i like the option. i like the option to chose from any color for my gear now a days. and i'm glad that pink is in the choices. but then again its just a choice. you can CHOSE, any color.

btw: i also do use weapons with some pink in them. When i was young i had a bow we painted bright pink with silver pinstripes, the boys laughed but i was rising young star two years in a row not to mention state champ for a few years in weapons and kata. now that i've grown UP finally lol my instructor got me the new (at the time) all silver bow with a few pink stripes. i love it and it looks sweet at tournaments also =]]]

19. imitation_vanilla

imitation_vanilla Yellow Belt

It may help people who feel that doing martial arts makes them "masculine". If they like wearing pink and it encourages their training, good for them! It's not my color, and I don't place value on being feminine, but that's just me.