Peter Jackson and "The Hobbit"!

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah,

Bilbo kickin the screen on his own. Well, to tell the truth I Sam was my favorite. The guy only wanted to be a good helper, never asked for anything and he stayed instead of leaving at the end of the 3rd.

He was content with being a bar tender.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yeah,

Bilbo kickin the screen on his own. Well, to tell the truth I Sam was my favorite. The guy only wanted to be a good helper, never asked for anything and he stayed instead of leaving at the end of the 3rd.

He was content with being a bar tender.
Sam to me was the real hero of the book because (again) Frodo wouldn't have made it without Sam.

by the way... Sam was Frodo's gardener. He married Rosie Cotton the barkeep/barmaid/bartender :wink1:

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
In many ways I agree with this! He went willingly.
Well yes, but remember that Gandalf promised "not to turn him into anything un-natural for dropping eaves" and made him promise "don't you leave him Samwise Gamgee!" and he didn't mean to. :D
But yeah those two were as inseparable as Kirk and Spock. :lol:

To me Frodo and Sam's friendship personified the true meaning of the bond of friendship. Merry and Pippin were clearly close buddies and just as loyal but they allowed themselves to be separated (unwillingly of course thanks to the Took's unnatural curiosity), but the love as friends between Frodo and Sam ... just friends... nothing more.
I've only known a few like that.

Something to be cherished indeed.
:asian:

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
All good points!
Frodo willingly went too. He could have walked away after he brought the ring to Rivendell.

Latest Discussions