Pet Peeves

Nightingale

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What are your pet peeves?

I think my biggest one is when people use apostrophes to mean "Look out! Here comes an S!" example: Janie has two apple's. AAARGH!

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
heheee...
I am the dot queen.. and tilde~!
I guess I don't bother to check apostrophe placement.. or comma splices (funny thing we were having a discussion after class last night re: commas etc.)

A pet peeve of mine is Littering.. when the snow melts and the wondrous world we live in is covered with litter... that irks me to no end. Luckily there are concerns that gather big orange rubbish bags and head out to clean up.. but it's not enough to get it all. Wandering through a state forest and trash is tossed. *shakes head*

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Mine is when someone is losing an arguement on an internet forum, so then they resort to attacking spelling and grammer. I can appreciate pet peeves, but correcting someones spelling isn't going to win the arguement!

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would have to say one of my big pet peeves is people who throw their cigarette butts out the windows of there cars. It is nasty goes right up there with other litter and I actually had a friend whose car caught on fire cause the butt wasn't out and got sucked under the hood and into the engine and started smoldering and such. No one was hurt, but did a lot of damage. I get on my mom everytime she does it, she just says, " oh you're right" and then forgets the next time :rolleyes:

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ping898 said:
I would have to say one of my big pet peeves is people who throw their cigarette butts out the windows of there cars. It is nasty goes right up there with other litter and I actually had a friend whose car caught on fire cause the butt wasn't out and got sucked under the hood and into the engine and started smoldering and such. No one was hurt, but did a lot of damage. I get on my mom everytime she does it, she just says, " oh you're right" and then forgets the next time :rolleyes:

Not that I condone smoking or littering, but cig butts are made of celulose and they biodegrade better than anything else you find on the road except mabey a corpse (for those that live in Jersey).

OP
Nightingale

Nightingale

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
but while the cig butts are decomposing, they lie on the ground looking gross.

C

c2kenpo

Mine is a bit complex, but when I meet people that can't find anything positive about anything, really irk me.

Kinda creates that TWITCH!!!

David Gunzburg

G

Gary Crawford

Inconsiderate people-tailgaters,people with loud thumping car sterios.I guess that means I'm getting old.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This has nothing to do with anything, but my pet peve is meeting American Buddhists that claim Buddha is just like Jesus. Then they tell me I don't know what I'm talking about when I point out the flaw in what they just said.
Sean

C

c2kenpo

Touch'O'Death said:
This has nothing to do with anything, but my pet peve is meeting American Buddhists that claim Buddha is just like Jesus. Then they tell me I don't know what I'm talking about when I point out the flaw in what they just said.
Sean

Ironic isn't it?? :uhyeah:

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
c2kenpo said:
Ironic isn't it?? :uhyeah:
My philosophy teacher says the people are mearly rebellious Christians, and are transfering their deep seated religious beliefs to a religion with similarities. I point that out and they yell at me; go figure.
Sean

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
kenpotex said:
Biggest Pet Peeve? Stupid people (the kind of people who inspired the old "here's your sign" routine).

Definitely. *nod*

Thought I would shift it a little for my own outlook. Stupid people are ok sometimes, because you just know they're stupid. You can just look at em and think "holy crap. that guy is a friggin idiot!". What irks me is ignorant people. People who could be staring the facts in the face, and still say something else... *sigh*

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
OUMoose said:
What irks me is ignorant people. People who could be staring the facts in the face, and still say something else... *sigh*
Especially when they're in positions of authority...

by the way, love your sig. line :)

T

TonyM.

Another vote against littering. Makes me crazy. It's almost as stupid as straight ticket voting.

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tomorrow's Mother's Day so in the true tradition...
Lights left on, frig door open, no TP on the roll and the other thing...all the guys know. Is that too many?

T

TheRustyOne

Pet peeve.....unannounced parties in my room....happened last night. i'm fine with them, when my roommate tells me. thankfully, we have the suite room, and i can disappear back to my room and be selective on who i wanna let in :D

someguy

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
People who ask what my pet peave is. Not really.
Mine is when people interupt me in the middle of soething when there interuption can wait.

OP
Nightingale

Nightingale

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Rusty-

I used to have the same problem in college... my roomie would throw parties, generally the night before my midterms! needless to say, she wasn't my roomie the next year.

-N-

Latest Discussions