Personal Self Defense Arsenal

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
My mind, my voice, a good pair of shoes on my feet and my will to live.

Back when it was legal here I used to carry a Leatherman, but I concidered it to be a tool, not a weapon. A bit slow to deploy anyway.

Arizona Angel

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I have a ccw, and usually carry a nine (Baretta), but after a family member of mine was killed because someone took her weapon from her and shot her with it, I decided I need more training to feel comfortable packing anywhere but when I go out in the mountains. The mountain lions and coyotes are less likely to take my weapon from me and kill me with my own gun.

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
You know, I have always wondered if persons carrying more than a pair of combat knives (or guns) expect to grow extra arms in a fight... :confused:

OP
Lisa

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have a ccw, and usually carry a nine (Baretta), but after a family member of mine was killed because someone took her weapon from her and shot her with it, I decided I need more training to feel comfortable packing anywhere but when I go out in the mountains. The mountain lions and coyotes are less likely to take my weapon from me and kill me with my own gun.

See and there lies the biggest fear I have if I were ever allowed to carry (which being Canadian will be around the same time as pigs learning to fly) I just don't have the confidence that the weapon wouldn't be used against me. However, I guess if the laws of my land were different, my training would be different and so would my confidence.

airdawg

Purple Belt
Reaction score
when I'm not at work, I carry a glock 22 and glock 27 concealed. A cold steal xl voyeger pocket knife. Surfire, or Stream light flashlights, depending on which is charged. My wallet with my cradentials. the most important item i carry and make sure is fully joy, is my cell phone.

And when I'm at work, I add a Colt M-4(M-16), Remington 870 12gauge shot gun with all the goodies, OC spray, expandable batton, three pair of hand cuffs, and as a side arm I carry the glock 35. Again, the most important tools I carry are my radio and my cell phone.

Are you sure you want to know why I carry all of this?

Arizona Angel

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
when I'm not at work, I carry a glock 22 and glock 27 concealed. A cold steal xl voyeger pocket knife. Surfire, or Stream light flashlights, depending on which is charged. My wallet with my cradentials. the most important item i carry and make sure is fully joy, is my cell phone.

And when I'm at work, I add a Colt M-4(M-16), Remington 870 12gauge shot gun with all the goodies, OC spray, expandable batton, three pair of hand cuffs, and as a side arm I carry the glock 35. Again, the most important tools I carry are my radio and my cell phone.

Are you sure you want to know why I carry all of this?
Sure, I think I already know some of the answers, but go ahead....

Latest Discussions