People with very little training teaching privately but posting publicly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I can only speak about myself and my questioning someone's claims and expertise if someone's claims and expertise do not add up or if say someone uses a term incorrectly but insists it means that . By the way tez I miss your get backers avatar from way back then!

Oh you are not rude at all! I'm not saying one shouldn't question but getting angry and spluttering bile over everyone is just so not the way to go.
I'm not quite sure which avatar you mean but I was meaning to change the 'thin blue line' one about now, let me know and I'll see if I can find it again. :)

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Oh you are not rude at all! I'm not saying one shouldn't question but getting angry and spluttering bile over everyone is just so not the way to go.
I'm not quite sure which avatar you mean but I was meaning to change the 'thin blue line' one about now, let me know and I'll see if I can find it again. :)
Well something like that.

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 164

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well something like that.

Ah ok, I'll have a look.

Damn as soon as I take my thin blue line down a police officer has been killed in Paris. :(
With so much hatred 'outside', we don't want it in here over something which as important as martial arts is to us, isn't important when you look at the fact that children are dying from starvation, bombs are dropping and there's so much wrong.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
And it's any of your business why? He can do what he wants it's his business personally I don't care one bit about what he does he can call himself the reincarnation of Bruce lee for all I care, I'll get on with my own life. If you don't like what he posts put him on ignore easy. Frankly you've made yourself look like a nasty piece of work with all that you've said

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Frauds suck and they should be routed out, tarred and feathered.
Starting one's own martial art while being unqualified to do so, doesn't make someone a fraud. If my friend Tom were to take 3 months of Tae Kwon Do lessons, 2 months of White Crane lessons, and a weekend Krav Maga seminar, then declare that he was creating his own system named TomTaeCraneMaga based on his experiences and then use a mishmash of Korean, Mandarin, and Hebrew terminology to describe his techniques, that wouldn't make him a fraud. It would make him pretty darn silly and a walking embodiment of the Dunning-Kruger effect, but not a fraud. If he claimed to be a 7th dan in TKD, a Grandmaster in White Crane, and a close personal friend of Imi Lichtenfeld - that would make him a fraud.

Of course, as a Supporting Member of MartialTalk, you are fully aware of MT's explicit ban on fraudbusting which is part of the terms of service for using the forum.

MT has more so called martial artists who really are wimps with no spinal nor testicular fortitude.

Huh, I always thought my status as a martial artist was based on my daily training over the last few decades rather than my willingness to call people names on the internet. Whatever testicular fortitude I may possess is generally used for working on becoming a better martial artist and handling the challenges of daily life outside the dojo rather than telling people online how terrible they are. Do I need to reconsider that?

Who cares what you think?

This seems to go along with your "and who asked your opinion? no one..." directed at Jenna the other day. You seem to be pretty angry not just at the schmoe wanting to be Bruce Lee, but at everyone who doesn't want to join the lynch mob.

Jenna, by the way, has been a member here as long as you have, has participated on the forum a lot more than you have, and is generally liked and respected by about everyone here.

I'd love to have you contribute to the forum more often. You're a senior martial artist with a lot of knowledge to share. If you want to offer some of that knowledge and experience to the group, I'm sure a lot of us could learn from it. On the other hand, if you want to just come here to embark on vendettas against those you feel unworthy and then insult everyone who doesn't join in, then I'd just as soon you saved your time.

OP
D

DaleDugas

My door is always open.
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very classy, "Doctor".

Hey, and allowing fakes and mouthboxers to post up their drek is classless.

Adult more, b itch and moan less.

OP
D

DaleDugas

My door is always open.
Reaction score
And it's any of your business why? He can do what he wants it's his business personally I don't care one bit about what he does he can call himself the reincarnation of Bruce lee for all I care, I'll get on with my own life. If you don't like what he posts put him on ignore easy. Frankly you've made yourself look like a nasty piece of work with all that you've said

I am nasty to fake frauds who pretend to be things they are not.

You need to read what this skinny little deluded fellow is posting up. He is not what he is posting about.

He sucks.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score

You need to read what this skinny little deluded fellow is posting up. He is not what he is posting about.

He sucks.
I have read it and I simply don't care. I really couldn't care less what someone says and looks like no one else does either. But it seems what people do mind is bullying

Martial_Kumite

Green Belt
Reaction score
Please take some of your own advice.

You need to read what this skinny little deluded fellow is posting up.

I have, but what I find that completely distracts me from anything he says is your insults and general anger at anyone who doses not follow your way of thinking.
If he is really spouting lies he will be trapped eventually. So save yourself the energy and just watch.

OP
D

DaleDugas

My door is always open.
Reaction score
Obviously MT is for the fakes, frauds and wannabees.

Im out.

Real training to get done.

Be well.

Adult more, and b itch less.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This forum has always been a tad on the wimpy side.

Seems fakes and frauds are allowed to post up and Lifetime Supporting Members get questioned.

Enjoy malcontents.
If you've always found it wimpy, why support it? Oh, and you might check the definition of "malcontent", then re-read your post.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score

Im out.

Real training to get done.

Be well.

Then maybe get on with your training instead of wasting time making stupid threads and whining about a total stranger...just a thought

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, and allowing fakes and mouthboxers to post up their drek is classless.

You should take your own advice because the only one that is losing it is you. And you are losing it, big style.

He sucks.

People who suck make others very happy :playful:, you should always suck not blow, I believe doing the latter is quite unpleasant.

Wouldn't a fake fraud actually be the real thing? If they were faking being a fraud they'd be the genuine article. :D:D:D:D:D:D

I could ask you where you have been when we've had real fakes, people who are wannabe hard men, people who have been banned for their posts on here, for a 'supporter' you haven't been here very much so why come on here acting out? We've had some nasty buggers on here, some real weirdos and you weren't there then. One innocuous poster and you are like a fishwife on steroids. If he's not what you think he is report him. We had a poster on here from the UK who was posting as a female and making the most outrageous claims, I asked some questions among friends and reported to a mentor what I'd found, the coach from where that poster was allegedly training came on and posted up as well. All done without name calling or angry chuntering.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

You found us out. We're all fakes and frauds. Including those who have been training as long as you have or longer. Good thing you figured that out before you wasted more time talking to us.

I totally agree. I think we may have different opinions on how "adult" and "*****" are defined and who is doing which, though.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you've always found it wimpy, why support it? Oh, and you might check the definition of "malcontent", then re-read your post.

Oo oo is a malcontent a nice American chocolate or what you call candy and we call sweets? Can I have a malcontent please? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions