Pelvic Girdle

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Definitely gonna have to think about how I can do something like that... Beats putting holes in paper!

Yeah, I get bored punching paper solely. That's why I like reactive targets like this, and steel of course........something that gives instant feedback.

Gaius Julius Caesar

Black Belt
Reaction score
Yeah, I get bored punching paper solely. That's why I like reactive targets like this, and steel of course........something that gives instant feedback.

Stimulis response! There is something about that feeling when you engage a target and it goes down, much like the same durring a 1st person shooter game.

A buddy of mine said when he nailed his first Haji in Iraq, he got the same exact feeling when the guy dropped as he did playing video games.

He said "You know why I think so many guys feel guilty or get messed up about killing the enemy? It's because it feels real good to drop the enemy at the time. I liked it as sick as that sounds."

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Stimulis response! There is something about that feeling when you engage a target and it goes down, much like the same durring a 1st person shooter game.

A buddy of mine said when he nailed his first Haji in Iraq, he got the same exact feeling when the guy dropped as he did playing video games.

He said "You know why I think so many guys feel guilty or get messed up about killing the enemy? It's because it feels real good to drop the enemy at the time. I liked it as sick as that sounds."

And truly there isn't anything wrong with the feeling of a job well done. So long as you did the right thing, know you did the right thing, and sleep well with it, a clear conscience in the act of killing in a just and righteous situation is not a sign of mental illness, as some would try to claim, but one of a truly stable and fully functionally healthy human being.

I think where many soldiers and police officers get their minds twisted is in the cognitive dissonance of believing the idea that killing is ALWAYS something they should feel bad about, so they punish themselves for not feeling bad about it, until they do feel even worse about it.

I think that guys like Col. Dave Grossman and others have done a MARVELOUS job of getting the word out that feeling guilty about doing your job is okay.......but NOT feeling guilty about it is okay too!

Latest Discussions