Pedro Sauer partners with Gracie Academy

kuniggety

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score

Pedro Sauer is a big name to put his name behind GA. I guess there would be an implied agreeance with such a quick path to blue belt/the online technical blue belt.

About 1 1/2 yrs ago I dropped into a certified Gracie Academy center and put about 40 hrs on their matts/learned most of the lessons in practicals and the few I didn't experience I've watched the videos. We've talked about it a lot here. I think the curriculum is good but I wish they'd cover at least up to the BBS1 material before handing out a blue belt. I'm just a blue belt too though so I don't think they care about my opinion.

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Unfortunately I've begun to sour on Rener and Ryron's style of marketing. It's simply too much, and one of them really grates me nerves (I think it's Rener) when he just keeps talking and talking.

Even with Pedro there I just couldn't deal with it.

OP
K

kuniggety

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Unfortunately I've begun to sour on Rener and Ryron's style of marketing. It's simply too much, and one of them really grates me nerves (I think it's Rener) when he just keeps talking and talking.

Even with Pedro there I just couldn't deal with it.

He (Rener) does tend to dominate any discussion. Even in the Gracie Breakdowns he does. I wish he would've shut up and let Pedro talk more.

I kind of forgot how Pedro Sauer is a Rickson Gracie BB too... Kind of ironic.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I like their videos and material but the thought of them handing out any belts technical or otherwise to anyone training online is well ridiculous! The watering down continues...

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
He (Rener) does tend to dominate any discussion. Even in the Gracie Breakdowns he does. I wish he would've shut up and let Pedro talk more.

I kind of forgot how Pedro Sauer is a Rickson Gracie BB too... Kind of ironic.

One of the reasons I began Bjj was Pedro's fight against that body builder all those years ago. Watching a smaller guy (in a gi no less) take on a body builder and winning blew my mind. Ever since Pedro has been a personal hero of mine. :)

And Brian's right, the watering down continues.... People don't want to get punched in the face while in guard anymore. :(

Latest Discussions