Pat Robertson calls for assassination of Chavez

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9047102/

“You know, I don’t know about this doctrine of assassination, but if he thinks we’re trying to assassinate him, I think that we really ought to go ahead and do it,” Robertson said. “It’s a whole lot cheaper than starting a war ... and I don’t think any oil shipments will stop.”

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not surprising. He's also been busily asking God to kill a supreme court justice for weeks now.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mighty Christian of him. I remember reading that in the Bible...not.

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Wasn't this the guy who said that 911 happened because of the gays?

Or did he just agree with another 'Christian Preacher'.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Disengage brain...open mouth....insert foot.

M

MisterMike

"We have the ability to take him out, and I think the time has come that we exercise that ability," Robertson said.

"We don't need another $200 billion war to get rid of one, you know, strong-arm dictator," he continued. "It's a whole lot easier to have some of the covert operatives do the job and then get it over with."
Aparently he forgot about President Ford's decision on political assassination (which was pushed by a Democrat congress).

I see where he is coming from - considering how many troops we've lost and billions spent when we could have spent one round instead.

Not that it would have magically turned Iraq into a Democracy... but then who cares.

Pat a terrorist? - *laugh* - now I've heard it all....:rolleyes:

evenflow1121

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
As much as I disagree with Chavez (lived in Caracas for 2 years, not Venezuelan btw) he was elected by the popular vote in Venezuela. He may dislike our government, but the people living over there seem to be just fine with him, besides isnt Venezuela our main petroleum seller?

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
For the record ...I believe it was 59% of Venezuala's Petroleum exports that are shipped to the United States. I think Venezuala is actually third on our supplier list (behind Canada and Saudia Arabia)

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, This man needs to go back to reading and studing the bible! Evening if he gets his wish....will the next leader be better or worse? and do we kill them too? untill Pat is a happy man?

He lost his way to do Gods work. Is Pat playing "God" now?

I am a very disappointed person who had respect for him.....not anymore...Aloha

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
MisterMike said:
Aparently he forgot about President Ford's decision on political assassination (which was pushed by a Democrat congress).

I see where he is coming from - considering how many troops we've lost and billions spent when we could have spent one round instead.
Yep. Worked great in Iran.

OP
K

Kenpodoc

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
MisterMike said:

Not that it would have magically turned Iraq into a Democracy... but then who cares.

Pat a terrorist? - *laugh* - now I've heard it all....:rolleyes:
If an Islamic mullah said the same thing he would be called a terrorist. I'm inclined to call them both terrorists. Off the top of my head I can't think of any situation where assasination has served the U.S. well.

Jeff

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
He's claiming now that he used the term "take him out". and he was misquoted by the AP. And "take him out could mean alot of things including abduction...". Wrong. The quote posted by Shesulsa was taped. Everyone and GOD saw it. There was no misunderstanding. He was as clear as always.

The man is just plain scary. He and Hugo Chavez (Castro wannabe) deserve each other.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The scarier thing is that this moron is ...

... still on TV preaching as a 'servant of the Lord';

... revered by many non-denominational Christian followers;

... well seated on the shoulder of formidable politicians;

... not going anywhere.

This viewpoint is likely revered by certain members of the general populus because it comes from a man of "the cloth" - "the Lord works through him" .... I just cringe when I think of all the prescribed justifications that many will use to back this idiot.

It's one reason (the main reason) I left organized Christianity and whenever I entertain trying to find a church or local organization where I can take my family to study this facet of spirituality, some **** like this happens.

It's misplaced spirituality. It's wrong thinking. It's sinful. It's ... certainly not Christian.

I'm incensed.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Lets see, I wonder what Pat Robertson's beef is with Hugo Chavez? As president of the Venezuela, he promised to use the countries oil revenue to combat the extreme poverty in his country. People in Venezuela seem to like him for this. One would think that an action like helping the poor would seem almost Christ-like.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Come on this guy was not a priest. To blame organized Christianity is kind of a stretch. To date ALL of the preists I have ever met have been very good people who have never expressed any intolerance of any person.

Sapper6

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
a serious note, blaming christianity for this guys remarks is like blaming the catholic church for breeding pedophiles. :rolleyes:

on a more serious note, here we have a wacky, lunatic American making ignorant un-American remarks... i always knew he was a liberal. :ultracool

DngrRuss

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Oh no you don't Sapper. Don't give him to the left. We don't want him. He's all yours.

The right does not get to use him and his mailing list, then throw him to the left when he says something blazingly stupid.

It only proves that morons on both the left and the right can be Un-American.