Pat Morita

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have relatives that used to live near Mr. Morita. They said that on the few times they'd come into contact with him he was nothing less than (in my aunts words)
"A personable gentleman".
The excellence he achieved in displaying the crux of the peaceful, wise yet strong Karate sensei did a GREAT service to the martial arts as a whole.

He'll be missed.
Your Brother
John

MartialIntent

Black Belt
Reaction score
Undoubtedly had a role in portraying the intelligent side of the martial arts. Pat Morita, you will be missed!

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
phlaw said:
R.I.P. Mr. Miyagi.

Your movie started my journey into the martial arts and you will be missed.

I think he started a lot of journeys in the martial arts. His Mr. Miyagi is the ideal, IMO, of the karate master as person of character and integrity. He also had a wide range as an actor - he could do serious just as easily and well as he did comedy.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
R.I.P..I wonder how many people he led to the Martial Arts because of his movies??

Andrew Evans

Purple Belt
Reaction score
The Karate Kid series had a lot of good lessons regarding spirituality.

Goodbye Mr. Miyagi...

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
Drac said:
R.I.P..I wonder how many people he led to the Martial Arts because of his movies??

I know he inspired my youngest brother and I to pursue martial arts when we were kids.

R.I.P., Mr. Morita. And thank you for your positive contribution to the martial art community.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
"Walk on right side of road... safe. Walk on left side of road...safe. Walk in middle of road... sooner or later... "sqqqiisssh" like grape."

The man helped quite a bit with eliminating the asian stereotyping, and he also helped continue the awareness of MA. He even did a stint on Happy Days (as Arnold) where he was a "Karate" instructor.

A fine actor and a great human being.

.:asian: