Part Of Setting A Goal

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I wouldn't want to spend the rest of my life on the couch so there is that goal. As somebody who has a favorite reclining lounge chair it can sometimes be hard to get off it, so I sometimes have to push myself to get up and get to work.
nb get a job you enjoy, when i worked they used to pay me to argue with people, in between sitting in coffee shops, it didnt seem like work at all, id have,done it for nothing

EdwardA

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I have lots of goals. You have to put them in a list in order of priority. That way you get the most important ones done...and you move down the list as time goes.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
if your going to die 8n an unfortunete accident, it really doesnt matter if you die with out hitting your goal, , are you really going to be lieing in the road with your life ebbining away, thinking **** i havent done enough push ups this week. i think not, i wish id spent less time doing push up and more ha ing fun, maybe

i used the concept of continual improvement, for my whole life not just one specific bit of it, if i make improvments week on week, year on year, then il possibly over take you with your stop start mentality, if bot i dont particulaly care as long as im having fun are you having fun, thats all that matters on your death bed

youl never be any good at chess, or most other thibgs never, if you had what was needed to be a grand master, you be there by now, so if that was a goal to be good, youve failed, i didnt fail, im a success coz i only wanted to enjoy it,,,

looser
I imagine we have all been where PhotonGuy is. When I was younger and chasing the circuit we were instructed to set goals. But they were not necessarily framed that way. We all knew certain things had to be conquered to reach the next step/level so you just did the work. No real fanfare. But being driven when you are 20 is a hell of a lot easier than when you are 50.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The point is, for goals I do set a time limit whatever it might be and I want to complete my goals within my time limits as that's part of the goal itself.

So what happens when/if you do not reach your goal in the time limit?

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
So what happens when/if you do not reach your goal in the time limit?
then he feels a failure, that what happens if you keep setting goals that you cant meet,

that why i set the bar very low, get up before 10, check

put pants on, check

dribk coffee check

listen to music, check,

drag a mop round check

do 5 mins of exercise, whilst dronkibg coffee and listen to music, check

go out on a my bike, drink cofee and listen to music check,

feed dog, check

every day i hit my goals, if i manage to do that for a full week, i buy my self a prsent as a rewards,

got a bulova watch last week

cant wait to find out what the reward is this week,

Last edited:
OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
If you are in a hurry, that can lead to misakes and missing important details.
Therefore I want to reach my goals quickly and promptly without making mistakes and without missing important details.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Therefore I want to reach my goals quickly and promptly without making mistakes and without missing important details.
it really depend what your goals are i mean is it worth actually doing at all or to that level, ? irs an impirtant question.

as the law of dininshibg returns apply, and you need progresivly more time/ effort to make progess for very little axtual benefit when there are other areas of yoyr life that may need attention

being fit is a worth while goal, one that can be acompkished in 5 minetes a day, if you can do, lets say 50 push ups, what tanglable benifit is there in doing 80, ? non, even less doing a 100,

its an achievment that will not make yoyr life better in anyway

it may increase yourself esteem, but if yoyr basibg yourself esteem on a how many push ups you can do, then there are real problems with the rsst of yoyr life, get a girl friend

Latest Discussions