Parker stories.........

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
he trained off and on for years with his father. He never trained seriously for any long period until after his father passed. Then Ron Chapel was there to help him. For several months before his father passed Edmund and several of his friends would meet in his back garage/house to train Kenpo with his Father.

:asian:

OP
R

Ronin

Mr. C what was your absolute favorite story or experience with Mr. Parker?

OP
T

tonbo

Wow.

I just read through all the stories, and, although I have read many similar stories before, I haven't realized how much more depth there is to both the man and the art.

I had heard a couple of stories before about Mr. Parker's sense of humor, as well as his strength and speed. I know a little bit about the Hawaiian culture, and their way of doing things, and he sounds like he was a prime example.

My poor timing in getting into the art made it impossible for me to meet Mr. Parker, and I am saddened that I could not. However, I have a very similar relationship with my instructor, and I will let that suffice as much as I can......hopefully, I can get my butt out the door and get to meet some more of the Kenpo "seniors", so that I can experience Mr. Parker through their eyes.

So much to see, so much to do, so much to enjoy.

Heh....and presently, I feel like an adopted child who's just trying to figure out where all the rooms in the house are....;)

Thanks to all of you senseis/seniors. I honor you all for your gifts, and for your willingness to share. Thanks for bringing the art and Mr. Parker to life for those of us that never met him.

:asian:

Peace--

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The links here are dead. Anyone have updated ones?

Latest Discussions