paranoia

Adept

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Or as I like to say - Always live in condition yellow.

I'd like to keep an arsenal like that where I could access it easily, but not only do I consider it unsafe (I constantly have very irresponsible people in my house that I would not trust with any kind of weapon) it is also unfortunately illegal.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Adept said:
Or as I like to say - Always live in condition yellow.

I'd like to keep an arsenal like that where I could access it easily, but not only do I consider it unsafe (I constantly have very irresponsible people in my house that I would not trust with any kind of weapon) it is also unfortunately illegal.
I don't allow irresponsible people in my home. It is a sad state of affairs, though, that in certain areas of the country and the world, law abiding citizens are denied the tools of freedom and security.

As a law enforcement officer myself, I support the right of law abiding citizens to keep and bear arms. I never fear an armed law abiding citizen. The people that would harm me, don't legally own firearms anyway.

Adept

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
sgtmac_46 said:
I don't allow irresponsible people in my home.
Unfortunately, I share a home with my partner. Some of her relatives are very young children, and some more just plain morons. While I try and keep the morons out, sometimes you have to make sacrifices for the sake of a harmonious relationship. Added to that, I live across the road from a pub so if me and the boys ever have a party, it's at my place. And who knows what could happen after a few too many drinks.

It is a sad state of affairs, though, that in certain areas of the country and the world, law abiding citizens are denied the tools of freedom and security.

As a law enforcement officer myself, I support the right of law abiding citizens to keep and bear arms. I never fear an armed law abiding citizen. The people that would harm me, don't legally own firearms anyway.
Amen to that. It makes me ill to think that our society is so blatantly anti-gun that our government can assume we are all potential criminals, and restrict our access to legally owned firearms. So much for the burden of proof.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Loud crashes and noises, .. that wakes you up will give most people a scare. A friend heard such a noise and crank his shotgun, the intruder heard the crank of the shotgun and was out the door before he could leave his bedroom. Noises has woke us up before and does scare you because you mind is thinking there might be someone in the house breaking-in. Luckly it was the wind,dog or a object that fell to the floor that was leaning on something. I do keep a Mag light with 5-C batteries long next to my bed. Never know when you will need a light? ......Aloha

T

Tidy_Sammy

I've had similar things happen before, I do tend to check it out, better safe than sorry, that's what I say.

Danjo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I only investigate the noises after dressing in my Ninja hood. That way, they can't see me coming. (The hood is lined with tin foil in case it is aliens trying to read my thoughts).

Latest Discussions