Palgwe Poomse

K

Kong

Does anybody here study Palgwe Poomse? I train both Hyung and Taeguk Poomse, but I`m not too familiar with the Palgwe system. Are there any good websites with description/video clips where I could check them out?
:asian:

OP
T

TLH3rdDan

i dont know of any websites but panther videos has some good videos you could order... i happen to like the palqwe forms better than the taeguk but thats just my opinion... the taeguk forms seem to be alot more confined and restricted in movement as opposed to the palqwe... but im just rambling now... lol good luck on the finding the website

OP
K

Kong

Hey thanks, that was excactly what I was looking for. I`ve never seen the TSD forms before, so that was very cool. Are these forms the standard TSD curriculum?

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Yes, the ones that were listed all the way to the left (except the ki-bon ones) are the ones I did (kicho, pyung ahn, ect). I got to pyung ahn sam dan. But my fav (that I learned) was pyung ahn ee dan. But my all time fav was bassai. Very cool form. I never learned it, but I was always in aw watching the higher ranks performing it.

I would like to learn the Palwe forms just for the heck of it. My dojang does the Taeguk forms, but some WTF dojangs do both. One good reason to learn them if I need to find another dojang to train at (on vacation, trip, ect).

OP
K

Kong

I`ve seen Shotokan Karatekas do the Bassai Dai form, and it`s very similar too the Tang Soo Do version on this website. Very kool form indeed.
TSD seems closer too traditional Karate then other Korean styles.

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Yea, very true. My TSD school actually did two Bassai forms. Bassai Sho, and Bassai Dai. TSD is the same (or at lease the forms I saw) as Shotokan. I could talk about TSD all day :D I wish there was a TSD dojang here :(

OP
M

MartialArtist

Originally posted by Kong

Hey thanks, that was excactly what I was looking for. I`ve never seen the TSD forms before, so that was very cool. Are these forms the standard TSD curriculum?
Yeah, bassai is real popular.

A lot of schools don't really focus on just ITF or WTF in the West, but rather a lot from each

Latest Discussions