Painful Trainers

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
i was thinking about something regarding training knives that inflict pain. most of the LEOs & stabbing victims i've spoken with (admittedly not all that many) have stated that they didn't know they were cut or stabbed until they saw the wound or it was all over. so while training without pain may not teach you to be aware of the blade, it may be more realistic; i.e., you have to follow through, you could learn to keep going even after a hit, etc.

just a thought,

jf

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Marc Denny (Dog Bros) wrote on another forum that they use the shock knife in their pack gatherings, so it's apparantly pretty sturdy, but pricey.
A friend bought a pair of shock knives. I like the idea and they were great to use but they kept breaking.

Maybe he got a lemon pair.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
i was thinking about something regarding training knives that inflict pain. most of the LEOs & stabbing victims i've spoken with (admittedly not all that many) have stated that they didn't know they were cut or stabbed until they saw the wound or it was all over. so while training without pain may not teach you to be aware of the blade, it may be more realistic; i.e., you have to follow through, you could learn to keep going even after a hit, etc.

just a thought,

jf
Generally, the reason a victim doesn't know they've been stabbed/cut is a combination of adrenaline and shock. Most victims know they've been hit or contacted somehow.

A trainer that inflicts some pain is a good tool to let you know you made a mistake -- and to generate some adrenaline/fear response.

Latest Discussions