Outdoor Wilderness Wing Chun Gym

DavyKOTWF

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Just completed this in the high Rocky Mts, elevation 8880 feet or 2865m for our metric friends. A few photos: The first is driving there; that's Pike's Peak in the background, with sunflowers popping up all around this time of year. This is on my mining claim by the way.
(seems I can't post photos yet? will do after starting this)

Last edited:
OP
DavyKOTWF

DavyKOTWF

Orange Belt
Reaction score
There we go. There's the workout bag hanging from the old Pine and yes, you guessed it, the Aspen Tree Wooden Man. Cost was free, only labor. See how it holds up. And then the entire view of ATWM. Not sure that leg will last long. Then of course, the Ip Man Saloon. All this is on the west side of Pike's Peak. Click on photos and Zoom in to see prices and more important details. Click on that sunflower photo, zoom, to see a great view of Pike's Peak, elevation over 14000' or 4500m. IMG_4748.JPG IMG_4754.JPG IMG_4743.JPG IMG_4747.JPG IMG_4761.JPG IMG_4743.JPG IMG_4747.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4758.JPG
    IMG_4758.JPG
    763.7 KB · Views: 269
Last edited:
OP
DavyKOTWF

DavyKOTWF

Orange Belt
Reaction score
See any gold in the creek? Wait, you can see something better sitting on the rock. IMG_4745.JPG Click on a photo to see zoomed or more clearly. IMG_4751.JPG That's the creek, low this time of year. If you look closely, you can see what's cooling in the creek, after you've down your Siu Nim Tao.IMG_4758.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: KPM
OP
DavyKOTWF

DavyKOTWF

Orange Belt
Reaction score
There are 2 cabins, the one for any of our Down Under friends, and the other I had to build high up in the Aspens for fear of marauding bears at night. Really. One broke in the cabin through a window once and also raided my ice chest, eating hotdogs and puncturing cans of Coors with his teeth. There's the neighbors working their claim, using a miniature sluicing box. They find a little color sometimes. IMG_4765.JPG IMG_4765.JPG IMG_2972.JPG IMG_2977.JPG The creek in front of the Ip Man Saloon and the view from the Aspen Tree Cabin.

Attachments

• IMG_4755.JPG
    IMG_4755.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 287
OP
DavyKOTWF

DavyKOTWF

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Thanks. So high in elevation and low humidity, we don't have no stinking mosquitos. So dry, you must drinks lots of green drink or water...or something else.
The neighbors gave up today on their quest to find gold and came over to the Ip Man Saloon. I wonder if Van Gogh practiced Wing Chun?? If you zoom in on the Aspen wooden man, look up above the high arms, above the carpet. I used my 4w Blue laser to carve that in there. Worked well. IMG_4735.JPG IMG_4735.JPG IMG_4749.JPG IMG_4755.JPG IMG_4753.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: KPM
OP
DavyKOTWF

DavyKOTWF

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Oh, here was the Jack London cabin for our Down Under friends, complete with a sign that'll make them feel at home. What do you think, Simon? IMG_4762.JPG

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
There we go. There's the workout bag hanging from the old Pine and yes, you guessed it, the Aspen Tree Wooden Man. Cost was free, only labor. See how it holds up. And then the entire view of ATWM. Not sure that leg will last long. Then of course, the Ip Man Saloon. All this is on the west side of Pike's Peak. Click on photos and Zoom in to see prices and more important details. Click on that sunflower photo, zoom, to see a great view of Pike's Peak, elevation over 14000' or 4500m. View attachment 21678 View attachment 21679 View attachment 21675 View attachment 21676 View attachment 21677 View attachment 21675 View attachment 21676
Oh man, this takes me back. We used to have something similar built on my cousins back 40 when we were young. Good stuff.