Outdoor heavy bags?

Benevolentbob

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hopefully this is the right forum to post this question.

I've been wanting to get a heavy bag to practice on for a while now. The problem is that there's no way I could hang it anywhere in my house or garage. I also can't really nail a mount to the side of my wall outside. What I'm wondering is, is there such a thing as a free standing/standup heavy bag that is ok for storing outdoors? I've done some looking around but couldn't find anything.

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm not aware of any specifically made for outdoor use. But the vinyl-coated models should do pretty well, especially if you take them in out of heavy weather.

Have you considered free-standing bags? You don't have to hang them off of anything.

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score

I've been wanting to get a heavy bag to practice on for a while now. The problem is that there's no way I could hang it anywhere in my house or garage. I also can't really nail a mount to the side of my wall outside. What I'm wondering is, is there such a thing as a free standing/standup heavy bag that is ok for storing outdoors? I've done some looking around but couldn't find anything.

Yeah there is , its called a stack of car tyres.

Noah_Legel

Blue Belt
Reaction score

Wavemaster XXL

Or you can buy a punching bag stand--they are sold at most big sporting goods stores

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
What would you stack the car tires on so they stayed stable?

You could use your husband :) .

No , you could whack three sturdy posts into the ground and throw them over that , the only thing would be that you would have to drill a few holes in the tyres so that water could drain out when it rains , otherwise you will get mosquitoes breeding in there.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'd suggest a Wavemaster XXL, as above, but fill it with sand, rather than water. That way freezing isn't an issue.

OP
Benevolentbob

Benevolentbob

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I think I'm gonna get that Wavemaster and throw a tarp over when it's not in use.

Latest Discussions