Out of the gym Rocky style worckout good?

Zephyor

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I wont be able to replicate rocky's original one, but heres some similar stuff i can force myself into on a regular basis
What i was thincking is :
2 km run, repeatedly fluctuating from hard as i can to light jog.
pushups galore, sets of : 20/20/15/10, basicly as hard as my body lets me
punching ( kicking added) on grain sacks, instead of sandbag/heavybag cuz i dont own any.
hold a boulder i nfront of me and twist my trunk to develop hip torque,
Leg raises with my lil 8 yr old bro punching me in the stomack.
jump squats, holding my good ol' boulder

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Join a boxing gym like Rocky, get a coach like Rocky, if you want to develop muscles lift weights, cardio run and jump rope and box with someone in the ring preferably someone bigger faster then you

OP
Zephyor

Zephyor

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I'll join a muay thai gym... even tough ill take some boxing to hone my skills later.. .what i wanted find out in this forum if the worckout is good enough. PS: finding a gym with a cool coach like Mick its damn hard XD

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
  1. In my opinion, you work with what you got, if you are locked in a cell you do push ups and dips and jumps, run in place, burpees, handstands, shadow boxing.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I wont be able to replicate rocky's original one, but heres some similar stuff i can force myself into on a regular basis
punching ( kicking added) on grain sacks, instead of sandbag/heavybag cuz i dont own any.

My suggestion is find someone that knows what they are doing. If you don't its very easy to feel like you are working hard and doing the right things, then 6-months later you are out due to injury from a poor routine.

Rocky was a fictional character in a movie that had a short training montage of things that looked good on screen. It was not a complete work out. The most important thing you should take out of Rocky is the importance of a good coach to get you where you want to be and get you to do the things YOU need to do.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Workouts should reflect the purpose of why you picked a fighting system. It should be in line with "why am I training in the first place." If your goal isn't to be a professional fighter then you can save your body from some unnecessary wear and tear, by making sure that your conditioning / workout matches your goal.

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Maybe you should just start training in a martial art gym first and they'll teach you conditioning exercises to do so you can use those

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Also have to add rocky as a character in the actual fictional universe wasn't a very good boxer he was a guy who relied on his heart to win. That's what the rockys were about not the best training or fight scenes but the workouts showed a man pushing himself to breaking point which could potentially injure you in real life and honestly Stallone was very much more than likely on steroids to get the physique he did and even if he wasnt he wasn't actually training the way rocky was he would've doing a bodybuilding workout more than a fighters. The point I'm making is basing your workout on a fictional boxer isn't always the best idea

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Sounds like a pretty good start.

Good luck, bro.