OS spoilers

Archtkd

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Was it just me? I thought the taekwondo heavyweigh division, both male and female, were really really good. This were divisions, once though to be for slow, plodding taekwondoin, but I saw lots of furious fast action at the Olympics. Oh, and those who insist on claiming there is now punching in WTF sparring should have watched the females final. Lots of good leather thrown.

I meant those who "those who insist on claiming there is no puncing in WTF sparring should have watched the females heavyweight final. Lots of good leather thrown."

ETinCYQX

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
We got two and a half full days of Taekwondo here, and it was excellent. Carlo Molfetta's gold medal is impressive, given he had a 15kg weight disadvantage and a 10 inch height disadvantage in two fights, and he overcame it with superior technique.

Sebastien Michaud looked good, drew a tough fight. I wish he had medaled, same with Coulumbe-Fortier. Karine had bad luck too.

But we did get a Judo bronze! Bodes well for Canadian martial arts!

And why is the Canadian team wearing denim...

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
We got two and a half full days of Taekwondo here, and it was excellent. Carlo Molfetta's gold medal is impressive, given he had a 15kg weight disadvantage and a 10 inch height disadvantage in two fights, and he overcame it with superior technique.
I got to watch his match prior to the gold. It was a great fight. He showed some great strategy and techniques throughout the match.