One part of the Reality `self defense for women' responds to:

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So, the Chinese are actually opting to take care of Grandma first, before bringing someone, into the world, that was meant to help with someone else's Grandma. Women benefit, from this system, or it wouldn't be tolerated. :cool:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Chinese know this is an issue, but they gotta eat, and stuff.

Not just China, it happens in many countries. women aren't valued in many countries including the so called First World ones.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
So, the Chinese are actually opting to take care of Grandma first, before bringing someone, into the world, that was meant to help with someone else's Grandma. Women benefit, from this system, or it wouldn't be tolerated. :cool:

I simply don't know what Asian (or even western) culture you could have any knowledge of, or where you got that knowledge, to make the statements you have made. You surely must view things through a male chauvinistic filter.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I simply don't know what Asian (or even western) culture you could have any knowledge of, or where you got that knowledge, to make the statements you have made. You surely must view things through a male chauvinistic filter.
Maybe it is just rumors about China. :)

Paul_D

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
however males do not face the same threat of violence as women
You're right they don't, males are far more likely to be the victims of violence, depending on which country/statistics you are looking, there are almost twice as many male victims as female victims.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're right they don't, males are far more likely to be the victims of violence, depending on which country/statistics you are looking, there are almost twice as many male victims as female victims.

That's certainly true in the UK, young males are far more likely to be the victims of violence than females, that's not down playing the violence that many females face but it is a worrying statistic.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
In China a male is obligated to take care of his family, when they retire. Women are under no such obligation. Until this is addressed, they are going for the boy child.

Have you considered that women in traditional Asian societies don't have the means to support parents? That is changing some. Just as importantly, traditional society or not, when a woman gets married, she no longer belongs to her parents, she is a member of her husband's family. I don't know if there is some obscure Asian society where what you say is true, but it surely isn't the norm.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Have you considered that women in traditional Asian societies don't have the means to support parents? That is changing some. Just as importantly, traditional society or not, when a woman gets married, she no longer belongs to her parents, she is a member of her husband's family. I don't know if there is some obscure Asian society where what you say is true, but it surely isn't the norm.
Yeah; that is why I said it. They are under no such obligation, due to the fact they get married and, are part of another family. Unless this is addressed; it will continue. What I say its true of China.

Latest Discussions