On Hitting First

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's the difference? When a stranger who asks you for sparring, how will you know whether his intention is friendly, or unfriendly?

If you hit first "with control", your opponent can feel your speed and not your power. If he is smart and understands that you have no intention to hurt him, the challenge can be ended "friendly" there. If you break your opponent's nose on your 1st punch, the challenge fight may end "unfriendly".

I don't get into street fight that much except when I was young. I do get into a lot of challenge fights. IMO, there is nothing wrong to attack first in any challenge fight.

Wow. Just. Wow.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It has never been enforced, but the way the law was written, anyone who chose not to have a gun didn't have to have one.

Kennesaw, Georgia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(a) In order to provide for the emergency management of the city, and further in order to provide for and protect the safety, security and general welfare of the city and its inhabitants, every head of household residing in the city limits is required to maintain a firearm, together with ammunition therefore.

(b) Exempt from the effect of this section are those heads of households who suffer a physical or mental disability which would prohibit them from using such a firearm. Further exempt from the effect of this section are those heads of households who are paupers or who conscientiously oppose maintaining firearms as a result of beliefs or religious doctrine, or persons convicted of a felony.
It was intended as a symbolic response to a town in Illinois that banned guns completely (Morton Grove, IL). The Morton Grove law has since been repealed, but Kennesaw's has never been enforced, so it's never been challenged in court.
Yeah, figured as much