Omar beats the wife beater

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
I waited a few days to see how this plays out before posting it, but since things seems to have come to a conclusion I thought I would post it.

Saturday night (or is it Sunday morning) at about 2:00am I'm in my living room on my laptop working a bit before bed. I heard a noise coming from the apartment next door, it sounded like a fight but I ignored it because the couple over there are always fighting.

This went on for a bit then there was a knocking at my door. Now the living room of my apartment is towards the back so that the balcony is right off it so I don't know how anyone could know I was still up because all you can see is a darkened doorway and kitchen from the front. The knocking continued and got more frantic so I eventually got up and went to open the door in sweat pants and socks.

Upon opening the front door I see the girl from next door, soaking from head to foot as if just out of the shower and wearing nothing but thong underwear. There was also blood on my front door where she was knocking so I pulled her into the apartment and wrapped her in a blanket from the couch.

My sister by now was awake and attending to the girl as I walked back to close the front door when it bursts open and there's the girl's boyfriend. You could see the rage in him as he charged through the front door and almost past the kitchen into the living room where he met upon me. He grabs my my left shoulder and pulled me towards him as if to hit me.

And this is where his night took a turn for the worse. Pulling at my left shoulder with his right hand I braught up my left hand inside his grip and using his pull stepped in right fist first into his face as my left hand cranked his right wrist. I can't tell how many times I hit him, but at some point after breaking his hold when I was hitting him with both fists he fell backwards onto the ground then scooted backwards out the apartment.

He's not been back since. The girl was also evicted. They cause a lot of disturbance within the building and turns out did quite a bit of damage to the apartment during the course of their fighting.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Nicely done. If he involves the police, be sure to emphasize that he was an intruder (I'm guessing you didn't invite him in ;) ).

My sister by now was awake and attending to the girl as I walked back to close the front door when it bursts open and there's the girl's boyfriend. You could see the rage in him as he charged through the front door and almost past the kitchen into the living room where he met upon me. He grabs my my left shoulder and pulled me towards him as if to hit me.

OP
Omar B

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
Already talked to the cops, they took pictures of the blood on the door, all that. That's why I waited till today, the girl was evicted I believe it was yesterday but today is the first day I have not seen a cop pass by and the maintainance man said they are out of the building so the issue's pretty much closed.

My only wish was that it didn't happen in a tight hallway so I could have used kicks rather than just hand strikes.

Nolerama

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
You did what you had to do to protect yourself and your family from an intruder.

Not to make light of a serious situation, but I think it's pretty cool that you made the guy leave by making him scoot out on his butt.

Good job.

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
Already talked to the cops, they took pictures of the blood on the door, all that. That's why I waited till today, the girl was evicted I believe it was yesterday but today is the first day I have not seen a cop pass by and the maintainance man said they are out of the building so the issue's pretty much closed.

My only wish was that it didn't happen in a tight hallway so I could have used kicks rather than just hand strikes.

Bravo.

You did the right thing A - Z.

Always call the cops and file a police report...it's CYA.

Sounds like you didn't need to kick him. LOL. But if you want to feel more comfortable fighting in cramped areas hook up with some kenpo folks.

FYI: Ed Parker was once asked if he'd ever fight Joon Rhee. He said only if he could pick the location. When asked what the location would be he smiled and replied, "In a phone booth." :)

You done good.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
You did what you had to do to protect yourself and your family from an intruder.

Not to make light of a serious situation, but I think it's pretty cool that you made the guy leave by making him scoot out on his butt.

Good job.
A violent intruder at that. Plus you stood up for a battered woman who probably would've gotten beaten worse or killed. I give ye a bow of respect for that :asian:
The guy burst into the apartment (never mind the door was partially closed) and directed violence (laid hands on you as well) towards you. Everyone in your place was in imminent danger. Should've filed charges against the guy.
Sorry that the girl had to be evicted but it would've been better anyway to keep the *** from coming back to finish what he started.
Kudos Omar... kudos.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'd suggest you don't discuss the details of what happened on public forums like this. The details of how many times you hit him, or that you wish you could have kicked. You never know when a guy like this might try to come back and press charges against you or sue you for injuries, and try to use your statements here against you to show excessive force, or something. I'd just zip up about the details.

OP
Omar B

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
Good job.

I didn't believe I was seeing it at first, scooting out on your butt. In retrospect it was pretty funny. What galled me was that the girl was pretty much naked which means he attacked her in the bathroom! What a dope.

Crippler, I hear what you are saying man. Though I don't study kenpo I do respect Parker's teachings. Hell, I opened the fight with drawing blood just like he would do. Nothing scares the crap out of people and puts them at your mercy like making a show of it.

OP
Omar B

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'd suggest you don't discuss the details of what happened on public forums like this. The details of how many times you hit him, or that you wish you could have kicked. You never know when a guy like this might try to come back and press charges against you or sue you for injuries, and try to use your statements here against you to show excessive force, or something. I'd just zip up about the details.

I'm sure, but since he was the aggressor and I was in my apartment with my wife, sister and her 3 week old baby as well as a naked, bleeding woman, I'm pretty sure I'm in the right.

The necessary consequence of man’s right to life is his right to self-defense. In a civilized society, force may be used only in retaliation and only against those who initiate its use. All the reasons which make the initiation of physical force an evil, make the retaliatory use of physical force a moral imperative.
If some “pacifist” society renounced the retaliatory use of force, it would be left helplessly at the mercy of the first thug who decided to be immoral. Such a society would achieve the opposite of its intention: instead of abolishing evil, it would encourage and reward it. - Ayn Rand

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Omar ... just in case, it's a good idea to refrain. IF the girl brings him up on charges, you will likely be called as a witness. If he decides to try to sue you (even if you were in the right, he can try), your lawyer will not like the discussion.

Kudos, though, for successfully defending yourself, your home and those in need.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hopefully nothing more becomes of it :)

Good on ya for protecting your family and the apparent victim.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good job Omar. Men that beat women are scum. Your only mistake was you didn't finish him off when you had the chance.

OP
Omar B

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
Omar ... just in case, it's a good idea to refrain. IF the girl brings him up on charges, you will likely be called as a witness. If he decides to try to sue you (even if you were in the right, he can try), your lawyer will not like the discussion.

Kudos, though, for successfully defending yourself, your home and those in need.

I hear ya and the other posters before you. Thanks for the concern, really. I've called my cuz who's a lawyer and he knows what's up so for now I'm happy where things are.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
And this is where his night took a turn for the worse. Pulling at my left shoulder with his right hand I braught up my left hand inside his grip and using his pull stepped in right fist first into his face as my left hand cranked his right wrist. I can't tell how many times I hit him, but at some point after breaking his hold when I was hitting him with both fists he fell backwards onto the ground then scooted backwards out the apartment.

Congratulations, and I'm glad you're uninjured. You have done well.

Latest Discussions